Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637
  1. I play with myself.

Quote Originally Posted by jpcdrummer View Post
    Apparently people are waiting a long time for the Reference special orders. Time to resurrect this thread after a three year hiatus?
    Sad, but true. I would like to add my "waitng for MW drums" to this thread... Sucks. I have to wait slightly longer than ref. DOOH! So worth it though. Wish I could bribe someone to hurry them along...

Pearl - Paiste - Aquarian - Trick Pedals - Pro Mark - Gibraltar - Tama Throne

2. I just hit things...

Just last year when I ordered all my new Ref and MW drums together, the MW components arrived one month before the Ref. And, as I recall, a month earlier than I was told they'd be here. Just throwing that out there...in some of your cases, there may be a slight shimmer of hope at the end of the tunnel.
    Pearl MW/Ref Wine Red with Gold Hardware 18x22 (x2), 16x16, 14x14, 8x12, 8x10, 8x8, 7x6, 5.5x14 snare
    Masterworks: 14x5.5 snare, 6x7 rack tom Pictures post #1
    Reference: Pictures post#1,35,58,68,69
    Pics: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/album.php?u=92744
    WANTED: Gold Pearl Hardware. PM me.

3. Pearl Masters Drummer

Quote Originally Posted by ROMAN View Post
    Sad, but true. I would like to add my "waitng for MW drums" to this thread... Sucks. I have to wait slightly longer than ref. DOOH! So worth it though. Wish I could bribe someone to hurry them along...
    Ryan, I hope I'm seeing the MW finish you just ordered for your next kit in your avatar. That one is the best IMO by far. So--did you order your MW? If so, specs and finish details please.

4. Registered User

These were the days , so much fun complaining about the wait lol ... I remember when my kit showed up , they came in stages and every time something showed up it was like Christmas ... Have a safe Memorial Day weekend all !!!
    Pearl
    Evans
    Vic Firth
    Zildjian

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadmike View Post
    These were the days , so much fun complaining about the wait lol ... I remember when my kit showed up , they came in stages and every time something showed up it was like Christmas ... Have a safe Memorial Day weekend all !!!
    Good point! When you look forward to getting the dream kit more than your birthday

6. Registered User

I just call Sweetwater everyday and ask if they have shipped. If they get sick of me maybe they can force my order to the front of the production line! Its been 2 months, six more to go! Ugh...

7. ....

Alright, so I've joined Ref wait-aholics anonymous. I've just placed a 20% deposit down for a 16x14 Reference Inca Gold Burst floor tom with black hardware. I've been advised of a 5-6 month wait. So the wait begins....

Here is an overheard pic of my kit in the meantime. I'm in the process of cleaning up the dungeon-like garage and sound treating it a little.

Will hopefully have my splash, 19" crash before the floor tom arrives. Also considering the K Custom Hybrid Trash Smash as a china alternative.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

8. Registered User

Nice resurrection! 11 years
    My previous Ludwig kit; Pearl Sensitone Aluminum , Pork Pie, Black Panther and Crush snares.
    DW 5000, Pearl modded P-102, P-120P & P-2002B. IC Powerglide. Many cymbals from the big 3.
    Tiny pic of my old cymbal setup.

9. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

It is crazy to me this series has been around for over 15 years. Man, I am getting old.

10. Registered User

Damn...time has flown by fast, I've had my Granite Sparkle kit since 2008 and been a member here since 2004.

Still play the kit to this day, in my doom / blackgaze band just using the kick 22x18 & 16x16 Floor.
    Always delivers live and in studio!
    My Kits-

Reference 4pc Setup

Reference Kit-

My Homebuilt kit..

Want to trade my 22x18 Granite Sparkle Bass drum for 20x18 Granite Sparkle. Hit me up :D