Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Indian Drummer Man

Question Best drumset TAMBOURINE

1. What was the difference in sound between the Pearl PTM-10GH and RhythmTech DST?

2. Which one sounds more musical/sweet?

3. Are they both loud enough to cut through a mix?

4. Which is better and why - brass jingles or steel?

5. Does Toca and Latin Percussion have drum tambourines better than these? If yes, which one?

6. Out of the box are these ready to mount?

Thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. I love Rock-n-Roll

I have the DST w/nickel jingles and love it, but both will cut through just fine. Which one sounds better just depends on your ear. The nickel models are brighter, brass are darker/warmer. Yes, it was ready to mount out of the box. LP makes the mountable Cyclops, I don't know about Toca. Hope that helps.
    Endorses RICH STICKS and drumdots
    AmyDrums.com
    Instagram

Ludwig Classic Maples in green sparkle (9x13, 16x16, 16x18, 14x22)
    Ludwig 1978 Classic in black cortex (9x13, 16x16, 14x22)
    Ludwig Supraphonics, Black Beauties
    Paiste 2oo2s, Giant Beats

3. Tasmanian User

I have the Pearl PTM-10GH and love it. I think you read what I said in my thread... In my opinion, the only way to decide which one sounds best is to try them yourself. Both are good quality, and will cut through a mix. You don't need to buy any extra mounting hardware. (Except a boom arm or 7/8 post or what-not) You can take the Pearl Tambourines out of their cradle to use them with your hand if you want. You can't do that with the DST. The black rubber around the top of the Pearl Tambourine gets the shoulders of your drumsticks a little black. I'm not sure if the DST has rubber on the top...

4. The Hardware Guy

I have always liked RhythmTech's stuff myself - also available in black and red;

But this is what you want (well, at least what I want anyway)

RhythmTech "Crasher"

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    ďAfter silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.Ē
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

5. The Hardware Guy

Quote Originally Posted by JerkDaGherkin
    I have the Pearl PTM-10GH and love it. I think you read what I said in my thread... In my opinion, the only way to decide which one sounds best is to try them yourself. Both are good quality, and will cut through a mix. You don't need to buy any extra mounting hardware. (Except a boom arm or 7/8 post or what-not) You can take the Pearl Tambourines out of their cradle to use them with your hand if you want. You can't do that with the DST. The black rubber around the top of the Pearl Tambourine gets the shoulders of your drumsticks a little black. I'm not sure if the DST has rubber on the top...
    You can indeed take the DST off it's mounting post and use it with your hand, and the DST has a more plastic'y type material around it's edge that doesn't colour your sticks....

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    ďAfter silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.Ē
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

6. Studentenfanfare Ghent Member

I have a Latin Percussion Cyclops model, brass with hammered jingles that I really like: very crisp. It sounds better than most other tambourines I've heard, but that's just my opinion, of course.
    My Pearl Reference in Purple Craze

My Kit

Updated Pics

7. Heat induces royalty

Mao
    ((latest PICS, page 24!!))

:o ::Pearl:: :o -- Sexport ELX 10" 12" 13" 16" 22", 14"x5" Sensitone Classic II brass
    :) ::Sabian:: :) -- Vault + AAX
    :D ::Evans:: :D --EC2/G1, EMAD, PCRD/Hazy300

- :eek: SEXPORT CLUB :eek:

8. lolerz too HxC for u

Yeah look into LP cyclops tambourine. They are great. Very musical yet they cut pretty good
    Put this in your sig if you love AAXplosion crashes!!!!!!

My Kit

Support the artists.
    Put this in your signature if you actually buy music

9. Indian Drummer Man

Quote Originally Posted by JerkDaGherkin
    I have the Pearl PTM-10GH and love it. I think you read what I said in my thread... In my opinion, the only way to decide which one sounds best is to try them yourself.
    Thanks. There's no way I can try them out because they're just not available here. If I decide which one I want to buy, I can ask somebody to get it from the US.

By the way, there's no money for boom arm. LOL

10. KISS ARMY

Quote Originally Posted by grypmatthias
    I have a Latin Percussion Cyclops model, brass with hammered jingles that I really like: very crisp. It sounds better than most other tambourines I've heard, but that's just my opinion, of course.

i have this also, cant mount it at the moment, (lack of stands) but the cyclops is definatly my fav from what i've heard!
    KISS ARMY

Quote Originally Posted by David Lee Roth
    Sometimes I feel like Iím holding Sammy Hagar by his head and heís swinging at me, but his arms donít reach. And Iím eating a sandwich.

11. Tasmanian User

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush
    You can indeed take the DST off it's mounting post and use it with your hand, and the DST has a more plastic'y type material around it's edge that doesn't colour your sticks....
    But you have to unscrew it to do that don't you? Or did I miss something?...

The cradle idea is great for teaching. I can just pick it up and tap away to help my student.

12. Registered User

in the words of Mark Phillopousis F*CK THE CYCLOPS

hehe im sure there is nothing wrong with it.. just me seeing the word cyclops reminded me of that time he went off at the umpire about the net cyclopse thing.

carry on