Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. CZX SZX MLX BLX

Quote Originally Posted by DRUMGODpc3 View Post
    I’m currently working on my own mirrorball kit. Ordered sheets of 1”x1” mirrorflex from the UK, cutting them down to 1/2”x1/2” tiles with a tile cutter and lots of patience. Going to look great! I’ve wanted to do a mirrorball kit for 20 years now. Attachment 514301Attachment 514302
    Looking great, mate
    Kits: CZX - SZX - MLX - BLX
    Snares: Pearl (8), Gretsch (2), Premier (2)
    Cymbals: Paiste
    Mics: Shure, Audio-Technica, AKG
    Sticks: Wincent

2. Pearl Corporation USA

Getting "revenge" huh Chris?

KISS uses Gibson guitars and PEARL drums because they want the Best!

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    Getting "revenge" huh Chris?
    Exactly!

10,12,13, 14F, 16F, 18F, 22, 22.
    Matching 6.5x14 maple & brass free floaters.
    Doing a unique 5x14 maple free floater for the kit, but non-mirrorball.
    New custom shop cases coming from Humes & Berg for them as well.
    Pearl, Paiste, Evans, Ahead, Puresound, Humes & Berg, Porter & Davies
    http://www.cwilliamsdrums.com
    Accept
    Youtube
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Twitter

4. Drumming Since 1943

Good to see you around these parts Chris!
    Way Too Much Crap

5. Registered User

If I am not mistaken that was the same finish Peter Criss used on one of the Kiss tours. it looks fantastic under lights. The DX Professional Series was the wrapped version of the DLX Professional series which was the lacquered finish. The inner and outer plies are Birch with filler plies in the inner shell I have a DLX series kit and they sound really nice.
    My wife says I am no longer permitted to buy any more drums...I said okay you cant buy any more shoes...we are presently at an impasse! I see drums...she sees shoes!

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by oldbatterhead View Post
    If I am not mistaken that was the same finish Peter Criss used on one of the Kiss tours. it looks fantastic under lights.
    Correct. Peter had a similar kit for the Alive tour, but his mirror tile was 5mm (Eric’s current farewell kits are 5mm tile as well). Neil Smith was the first to do it. His Billion Dollar Babies tour kit had 12.5mm(1/2”) mirrors. That’s what I’m cutting mine to. Munetaka Higuchi of loudness had two kits done in mirrorflex, similar material, with 1/2” tiles. Eric has told me this was the inspiration for him doing his Revenge tour kit in that finish. A few other drummers have done mirrorball kits as well. Tommy Lee had one on the Genteration Swine tour and Gil Moore with Triumph, Eric did a kit with cut glass for the 2012 KISS/Motley tour. I’ve always loved the mirrorball look, especially on drums. There’s something beautiful about it to me.
    Pearl, Paiste, Evans, Ahead, Puresound, Humes & Berg, Porter & Davies
    http://www.cwilliamsdrums.com
    Accept
    Youtube
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Twitter

7. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by DRUMGODpc3 View Post
    Correct. Peter had a similar kit for the Alive tour, but his mirror tile was 5mm (Eric’s current farewell kits are 5mm tile as well). Neil Smith was the first to do it. His Billion Dollar Babies tour kit had 12.5mm(1/2”) mirrors. That’s what I’m cutting mine to. Munetaka Higuchi of loudness had two kits done in mirrorflex, similar material, with 1/2” tiles. Eric has told me this was the inspiration for him doing his Revenge tour kit in that finish. A few other drummers have done mirrorball kits as well. Tommy Lee had one on the Genteration Swine tour and Gil Moore with Triumph, Eric did a kit with cut glass for the 2012 KISS/Motley tour. I’ve always loved the mirrorball look, especially on drums. There’s something beautiful about it to me.
    It looks like an eGREgious PITA to apply. Doesn’t it also add a LOT of weight to the drums? Also, how is the hardware applied? Directly to the glass or is the shape of the lug cut out?
    Way Too Much Crap