Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Opinions on 'RMV' Drums?

Just readin' through modern drummer, and spotted an ad for RMV drums, www.rmvdrums.com Anyone played a set of these? What do ya think?

I thought the incandescent wrap art and natural raw oil finishes looked sweet

Seems like a lot of drum for the cash

2. Registered User

I heard these drums on indoorstorm.com and they produce too much of a thud for my tastes

3. Rest in peace, Dino.

RMV drums are a steal. Brazil has some amazing wood that are made into these drums. I played several sets and was impressed. I wasn't blown away, but for the price I'd snap a set up in a minute if I could.

4. ...has Stanton's hands??

I've never played an RMV kit, but I have played on their traditional Brazilian percussion instruments, and the quality is incredible. I doubt their kits could be much different.
    Those that do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing.
    -/- Salvador Dali

Songs are really just very interesting things to be doing with the air.
    -/- Tom Waits

drums&heads&cymbals&implements

5. Watch it, I bite!

Quote Originally Posted by metaldrumr7
    I heard these drums on indoorstorm.com and they produce too much of a thud for my tastes

Dude, those are just SOUND SAMPLES. They sound completly different in real life.

6. Registered User

I'm from Brazil, they are the most popular drums around here, the drums that they sell in Europe and in the US are the Concept series, made of Bapeva (brazilian maple) or Amarante (purpleheart)! They sure are great sounding drums, they have a really nice price around here, they cost about R$3000, what would be around US$1100, compared to other drums with Pearl that would'nt be enogh to buy an Export set, a Master MRX in Brazil cost around R$12000 (around US$4500), so they have a nice price!
    I own a cheaper RMV, but i'm familiar with the Concept series, they sound amazing! I really like them, and am expecting to buy one soon! I'm really glad to see that people from other countrys like'em as well!
    The thing that is different in the RMV is the material they use for lugs and hardware, in a kind of composite fiber, wich is actually lighter and more resistent that zinc alloy (used in most hardware), in the lugs that means that the shell is free to vibrate, in the hardware i just makes them easy to carry around! People claim they are plastic, they actually are, but its a different type of plastic, really resistent, i've never seen a Concept lug or hardware made of this material break or bend! And they are loads lighter than the "normal" hardware!
    And Metaldrummer7 the sound on IndoorStorm is actually really different that how they sound "in person"! Try to check'em out in you local GC or something!
    RMV Scorpion With Harpy R Cymbals

22x18
    10x8
    12x9
    14x14
    14x5,5

14" Hi-Hat
    16" Medium Crash
    20" Ride

7. Registered User

Thanks for the info - think i'm going to have to try and find a set to play

Have you got any pics Bola?

8. Registered User

ive played a 14x5 snare, very nice sounding drum, a bargin for the money

9. Chasing the Sound of Thunder

i have got a second hand bonhamesque rmv kit (24/14/14/16/18) in raw oiled natural finish with black hardware. Its not set up yet cause i just got it, but it is a great set for the price.

I will be posting pics soon

10. Registered User

What about the RMV kits with metal lugs?