Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rudaments

1. Registered User

Default Rudiments

I'm just curious as to what everybody's favourite drum rudament is. Paradiddle, double stroke, triplet, flam, etc.
    I also kind of want to learn more rudaments. So just list a couple that haven't been mentioned and we'll see how many we can get!
    Last edited by SwankyJ; 01-22-2003 at 09:57 PM.
    "The only thing that I know for sure, is that I know nothing at all." - Socrates

2. Drummer for "A.D.D."

first off, for your info, they're Rudiments. (not trying to be arrogant and rude, just letting you know)

As for the rudiments, I usually use most of the "diddle" rudiments to warm up. Usually singles, move to doubles, triples, then add flamadiddles, accents, and add a few more things until i usually end up coming up with a "new" rudiment. I'm always eager to learn more rudiments, and i'm now concentrating on my roll/drag-based rudiments, ratamacue, double ratamacue, etc, etc.

There's muh .02
    Who is the man, that plays a set of Pearl drums? Pat!
    'Ya d*mn right.
    Who is the man, that would risk his neck for his drum gear? Pat Brooks!
    I'm talkin' bout Pat, can ya dig?
    He's one bad motha (shut yo mouth!)

-Pat

3. Registered User

Yeah, I knew I had the spelling wrong there, just wasn't entirely sure where the mistake was. Thanks.
    And how does a Ratamacue work?
    "The only thing that I know for sure, is that I know nothing at all." - Socrates

4. gayguy

if you watch the instructional videos by jeff queen on www.vicfirth.com he does a video on every rudiments especially ratamacues.

5. Bronzed Member

I like to warm up with paradiddle, double paradiddle, triple paradiddle, played hand-to-hand from slow to fast. It's somewhat of a challenge at high speed.

I also like to do flam paradiddles and double stroke rolls where you accent the second note of the double.

MBJ