Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 96 123451151 ... LastLast
  1. People Know Me

Default Official Forum Series Thread

I think the forum series deserves a section too but, because there isnt one i have created this thread to discuss anything and everything about forums. Share your pics setups and tips on how to make your forum sound good. Lets truly see how many people on the forum actually own a forum and lets keep this thread active so we can answer everyones questions.

Thats my setup below and my forum is a year old. I haven't got any pics but i will soon. So lets see every one elses setup.
    LAWL

2. No, it was the butler!

wow man, ur forum seems vry popular. but seriouslt though, this should go in general dru dicussions, not EXPORT zone, EXPORT!!!
    Roland
    ProMark
    Pearl
    Sennheiser

3. People Know Me

ok dude soz LOL
    LAWL

4. Pearl-Sabian-ProMark

Hey forums are awesome stuff. Ill gig with myne ANYWHERE..... I kinda cheated though... I have the standard forum set but I bought a 14x6.5 SMX cranberry fade snare.... Its AWESOME! But yeah my set is kickin.... I have REMO pinstripes on all my toms, and a REMO cs black dot snare head on the snare with evans e-rings all the way around... I put a REMO power stroke 3 batter on my bass with a REMO falam slam dot.... My cymbals are Sabian Metal-X's..... I love my kit..... So anywhoo........ I just thought i would contribute to this thread...
    --- SaBiAn --- You LiVe WhAt You LeArN --- SaBiAn --

5. Major Cubed

Read the caption for the Export Zone. It is both for Export and Forum discussions.

6. ?..Hmm, What's Gas..?

The land of the ti-ti's and ta-ta's (Perth, Australia)

Yes i agree, Forum should have their own zone because u dont see many threads about them but i do know that alot of people have them..

7. People Know Me

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDeere
    Hey forums are awesome stuff. Ill gig with myne ANYWHERE..... I kinda cheated though... I have the standard forum set but I bought a 14x6.5 SMX cranberry fade snare.... Its AWESOME! But yeah my set is kickin.... I have REMO pinstripes on all my toms, and a REMO cs black dot snare head on the snare with evans e-rings all the way around... I put a REMO power stroke 3 batter on my bass with a REMO falam slam dot.... My cymbals are Sabian Metal-X's..... I love my kit..... So anywhoo........ I just thought i would contribute to this thread...
    Yeah man for sure. Y'know its kinda weird but you only understand if you have a forum. They are really good. With good heads on then you get a frkn close sound to a pro kit. How much did that snare cost.
    LAWL

8. People Know Me

Quote Originally Posted by samflame222
    Yes i agree, Forum should have their own zone because u dont see many threads about them but i do know that alot of people have them..
    thanks dude yeah for sure. IT'd be good to have a section for the forum. oh well rep points for you anyway.

COMON people post ur forums!
    LAWL

9. Registered User

Default forum double bass expansion

I need advice on expanding my forum set. I have a red wine set with 10x12, 11x13, and 16x16 toms and a 16x22 bass. I want to expand to a double bass and another couple of toms. I am having trouble finding a reasonable way to do this without going piece by piece. After all this is just a forum set.

I am using the 2004 pricelist I got off pearl's web site and my guitar center rep as resources. I was going to get the EX-8 (10" 14" toms and and22" bass) kit until I realised the bass is 18x22! Mine is 16x22. I can not get that substituted can I? Be nice to get the high-hat to bass piece with that, but I think they have gone to black trim with Red Wine #91 shells, another smaller problem.

Then I thought of just ordering another whole kit, the forum FX 725HC includes a 22"x16" bass drum, 10"x8", 12"x9", and 14"x12" rack toms which should complement my set perfectly for not much more than the EX-8. I would have to buy the High-hat to bass thing, and could get rid of the extra high hat and snare. It says in the catalogue that they are still wine red with chrome.

I only play in my basement and have small kids... so I will not be upgrading and playing with a band again for a long time. Therefore do not want to gut it all and start over with more expensive shells.

Any advice you can afford would be most appreciated!

10. Weapons of Mass Percussion

First of all: the Forum-owners can start threads in the Export zone because the Export zone is also Forum zone.

crisciti, do you want to expand your Forum with the Export expansion packages? Anyways, Just buy all the pieces you want. Don't go out and buy another Forum kit. At least, I wouldn't do that.

I started out with a standard Forum in rock sizes ((FX 725C)got it from mom and dad for my birthday ) and I added a 14x14 floortom and a 10x8 racktom. But you guys don't care about this crap, you just want to see pics
    So here's my Forum:

11. Registered User

Default nice, price comparison

love your set. You get such a big discount buying sets, that even if I throw away the snare and high hat it seems comparably priced (for three toms and bass, not that I really need three more toms).

12. Registered User

nice mixin it up
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aperciva
    The only way to break a Z Custom is to 1) Play it with a sledgehammer or 2) drop it from a 3 story building.

" this is just my opinion I could be wrong" - dennis miler