Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Octobans

1. Master MMX, Midnight Fade

Default Octobans

Does Anyone know of a company that specialize in Octobans. Or a company that make good octobans for reasonable prices?

2. U S and A.

I think the Peace company makes octoban but There not top of the line. I THINK that Tama was the first to bring them to the drumset. Atleast they call themselved the originators...

3. Registered User

Yeah, the only ones I've heard about are Tama's. based on the quality of their other drums, I'd say they're a safe bet. go to www.tama.com for info.

4. U S and A.

I think Tama started the trend but I know Sully Erna uses an octaban on his Yamaha set of which he is endorsed. So Yamaha might have octobans now. I know it's a growing percussion part on drumsets these days.

5. Registered User

I have 4 Peace octobans. 16" 18" 20" 22". I doubt they are as good as
    tama's . But they are half the price. Very heavy aluminum shell. I didn't measure shell thickness but it seems equal to my ultracast shell. Comes with heavy duty stands ( which are a pain to adjust ). Over all I'm very pleased.

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lildrummerboy568
    I THINK that Tama was the first to bring them to the drumset. Atleast they call themselved the originators...
    Boo-bams were around for decades before Tama started mass producing Octobans. Boo-bams history

There were a few other companies that made similar products in the 80's: Dragon Drums (which were clear acrylic) and Cannon Toms. I'm not sure which company was the first to mass produce them, maybe it WAS Tama?? I dunno.

If you are handy, patient and a cheap, you can make octobans out of PVC pipe.

7. U S and A.

Quote Originally Posted by typical_random_bastard
    Boo-bams were around for decades before Tama started mass producing Octobans. Boo-bams history

There were a few other companies that made similar products in the 80's: Dragon Drums (which were clear acrylic) and Cannon Toms. I'm not sure which company was the first to mass produce them, maybe it WAS Tama?? I dunno.

If you are handy, patient and a cheap, you can make octobans out of PVC pipe.

I think Tama started the mass production of them. And TAMA says that they are the orginators which is obviously not so now.

8. U S and A.

Has anyone heard the Peace octabans in comparison to the Tama octobans. Besides prices what are the differeneces. I've heard Peace and they sound really good. Does Tamas sound better or are oyou paying for the name.

9. Master MMX, Midnight Fade

they all sound really good when your reading about them but some are made from wood and some from aluminium, does this make any difference?

10. Master MMX, Midnight Fade

I was looking at Odery octobans and these look the best, however they're based in Brazil, the octobans look incredible and are for a reasonable price its just the shipping that concerns me, it just about expensive as the octobans themselves!

Companies that make octobans:
    1.Tama
    2.Pearl (Quarter Toms)
    3.Peace
    4.OCDP
    5.Odery

Sully & Shannon both have octobans on their kits but their Tama octobans. In on of my Modern Drummer's,they had a interview with Shannon & had his set-up and it said "Tama Octoban"

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    2.Pearl (Quarter Toms)
    Actually they're "buck and a quarter toms" but don't tell him that!