Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162
  1. Pearl Corporation USA

Quote Originally Posted by classicgrooves View Post
    I need to know what finishes these drums are. 14" ELX and 10" Export Series, both have a fade finish. The 14 has more yellow, and the 10 has more orange. Wondering what year, shell type, and finish. (Yes, the badges are upside down...I like the dark part of the fade at the top!)
    Thanks, Danny

1st drum on the left looks to be color #294 Amber Fade w/black hardware circa 2006. The smaller drum on the right looks to be #274 Amber mist circa 2002-2003.

2. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    1st drum on the left looks to be color #294 Amber Fade w/black hardware circa 2006. The smaller drum on the right looks to be #274 Amber mist circa 2002-2003.
    You got it sorta right.

1st one is a 2004-2006 in #294 Amber Fade - 6 ply Poplar shell

2nd one is a 2003 in #293 Autum Fade - 6 ply Select Hardwood shell

3. Registered User

Thanks guys. I'm looking for a matching 10 to go next to my Amber Fade 12, but the closest thing I found was this Autumn Fade. I bought black lugs and hoops off Ebay, and now everyone I ask thinks that all the drums match.

Name:  20150730_200022.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  68.5 KB

4. Pearl Corporation USA

Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    You got it sorta right.

1st one is a 2004-2006 in #294 Amber Fade - 6 ply Poplar shell

2nd one is a 2003 in #293 Autum Fade - 6 ply Select Hardwood shell

correct & thank-you

5. Registered User

Question: How would one go about ordering an EXX 18" x 16" floor tom? If possible, that is.

6. There really is a Kalamazoo!

Quote Originally Posted by ZachyAttacky View Post
    Question: How would one go about ordering an EXX 18" x 16" floor tom? If possible, that is.
    It's easy, and any Pearl dealer can order it for you.

Tell them you want to order EXX 1816F/C and let them know which color you want.

The dealer will call Pearl to check availability to let you know about how long it will take. List price is $280, so expect to pay somewhere around $180, give or take (plus possible shipping charge and local sales tax).
    I own or have owned drums and cymbals made by every major manufacturer. My go-to kit is a DW Collectors series set.

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by wsgnst View Post
    It's easy, and any Pearl dealer can order it for you. Tell them you want to order EXX 1816F/C and let them know which color you want. The dealer will call Pearl to check availability to let you know about how long it will take. List price is $280, so expect to pay somewhere around $180, give or take (plus possible shipping charge and local sales tax).
    Thanks man, I appreciate it

8. Registered User

Can anyone tell me what years the ELX were produced? I bought mine used 10 years ago and have used the for hundreds of gigs.
    I call em My Working Kit.. I'm just wondering just how old they are.
    Oh my opinion on the head preference. I use Remo Pinstripes on my Toms and Evans on my Kick & Snare.

9. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Austin View Post
    Can anyone tell me what years the ELX were produced? I bought mine used 10 years ago and have used the for hundreds of gigs.
    I'm just wondering just how old they are.
    ELX's were introduced in 83 ... post a picture of drums/badges and I'll tell you what year model you have and it's shell construction