Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Banned

I am better than a lot of peoople I know(young kids who don't even have drumsets) but when I hear/see a drummer in a decent band play I just say "I suck."

2. Registered User

Default Point to ponder...

To answer the original question.

I know I am good. Other people have been telling me for sometime(yr and a half at least), including drummers I respect and think are great. I'm not arrogant about it, always reminding myself that I have area's to improve on, and will have for the rest of my life.

However...Here is the point I want everyone to think about.

If you think that you suck, you always will.

Acknowledge your own progress, and limitations honestly, and you will start to improve. You have to set yourself up for success rather than failure. By thinking to yourself that you are good, you will get good. It takes time and practice of course, but giving yourself that mind set will allow it to happen.

Try it. You'll be glad you did.
    Hit em hard

3. One with the Racoon...

I think I'm good for how long I've been playing. Which is since august, yes august 2003. I totally dedicate tons of time into practise a bunch and am of course the best drummer at my school. And today was the battle of the bands dress rehersal so i had to so and like everyone wouldn't stop telling me how great it was and like i just felt really cool. So yes i know there are tons of better people than me, but i know i am also better than people too.

4. Say NO to Fascism!

unfortunately, around very opinionated conservatives

yes, i think i am good
    do other people think i am good? not really, i know i need to practice a lot more and have years and years to work on dumming but i think i am good for what my circumstances are and i am sure there are a lot better drummers out there
    Drums another word for describing the sense of Adrenaline rushing through your veins, cooling down your throat making you prespire cold sweat.

5. inspired by Brian Blade.

Default the last time i checked i sucked,

but check back in about 5 years. i should b alot better. lol(like u really gonna do that)

Lord, protect me from your followers!

In Sonor i trust.

Every man has a right to decide his own destiny.

6. Cellador Dave

to tell you the truth i think don't really think there is a good .. but there can be a bad...

Every drummer has their own style.. some play different kinds of music, but that isn't the only thing.. people invent their own fills that sounds good to their ears, I can sit watch someone play something totally amazing, but I can alter it into my own perception and make it sound better to me even though it may not sound better to them

it all depends on the level of playing field

the only time it is bad when someone sits behind a kit and plays something utterly annoying and drummers DO have selective hearing

7. Mr. Beauford

Originally posted by Fixxxer
    i think im aright...better than some
    Why do you say your friend is as good as carter beauford...why not some other drummer? where are you from and why can't we hear this guy who is AS GOOD AS CARTER!!! HAHAHA...where does your friend go to college?...I wanna hear these guys play since they are as good as carter...LOLOL

but one of my good friends is ALMOST a Beauford Incarnate (hes more beauford and lars ulrich mixed) and he makes me feel like i suck

i say almost because i know a guy (freshman in college now) who IS AS GOOD AS CARTER BEAUFORD, he is the most amazing drummer i know, and he makes me feel like i suck too

8. Lightly Toasted

Originally posted by sticks_13
    Possiblly the stupidest post I've ever seen. Who's c0cky enough to call them selves good.
    I am.

Yes I think I'm good, and yes I have other people tell me I'm good.

9. Mr. Beauford

Sorry, I didn't mean to post a blank response...I was wonderin if you could let us hear your freshman friend in college that is AS GOOD AS CARTER!!! HHAHAHA....why carter? why not someone else? Can he play open handed like carter? I have studied carter probably more than anyone on this planet, yet still have some stuff I've yet to master, so I would love to hear these friends you are talkin about...Where are you from, by the way?

Lance Ingram

Originally posted by Fixxxer
    i think im aright...better than some

but one of my good friends is ALMOST a Beauford Incarnate (hes more beauford and lars ulrich mixed) and he makes me feel like i suck

i say almost because i know a guy (freshman in college now) who IS AS GOOD AS CARTER BEAUFORD, he is the most amazing drummer i know, and he makes me feel like i suck too

10. Trial By Fire

I think I am reasonably good. I know I'm nothing amazing, I have yet to practice anything very technical, but I get told quite often by people I know that I am quite good.

I heard myself recorded... The drums sounded quite good, but it knocked my ego back a bit

11. WNHS

i don't think i am up to my own personal standards, But i have heard from people that i am pretty good for how old i am ( i hate it when people do that!)
    *DHF*{Tremelo}- /S.H.O.T/
    -West Noble High School Drumline
    -Fellow Drummer/Percussionist
    -Phantom Regiment Fan

12. the robot into a manican

I wouldn't consider myself that good at all. I have only been playing a little over 3 months, some people say I'm pretty good, but I don't believe the, it would be utterly impossible for me to be good at my level. So far I have learned almost 5 songs though, I was going to be in a band, but I turned them down at the last minute and told them that, I wouldn't ever want to play drums in public until I am happy with the way I play.

I do give myself some credit though, I mean, I have went a LONG way so far, and I'm happy with my progress.
    My kit

WOW