Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. ....

Default My Next Music Adventure

So I recently got back into drumming again after a number of years away from the kit. I picked up a 2nd hand Reference kit and just been practicing solo in garage for the last few months. We moved house a couple of years ago to a relatively remote area (about 2-3 hours outside of Melbourne) and finding others to jam with has been difficult...until now.

I recently heard about this Music Homestead nearby. I was referred by a friend at a recent Christmas breakup party. Apparently, a bunch of people get together every Sunday to play for a few hours. The primary genre is country which typically isn't what I've played in the past, but it was so good to play with others again! It's also of my understanding that quite a few bands have formed as part of this.

So my wife and I went there yesterday to see what it's all about. There was a great mix of people with a really relaxed vibe and fantastic facilities. I was there for a few hours and I've already been asked to play a bunch of songs in an upcoming music festival they are holding in March!

Gold coin donation with all proceeds going to Let's Talk (mental health charity) on the day.

They have an indoor event hall & stage as well almost finished building an outdoor stage. They also have a recording studio onsite as well.

They had a house electronic kit and I quickly took a quick snap (bad quality I know). Anyways, I was asked to jump up on stage and play with these guys. I had zero idea of the songs I was meant to be playing but I just played along and kept time for now until I can learn them in and out. It was a fun experience and reminded me why I started playing drums in the first place.

I've already started discussing getting my Refs into the studio after the festival

Anyways, just thought I'd keep you in the loop as this little adventure progresses. I'll update this thread as I go!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pearl Reference - Inca Gold Burst with Black Hardware
    20x16 10x8 12x9 14x14 16x14 (ETA Jan 2022)
    Snare: Masters Maple Complete 14x5.5- Antique Walnut

2. Registered User

Awesome man. I hear Melbourne has a pretty sweet music scene. I love king gizzard. Hopefully that extends to the outer reaches of the city haha.