Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 23

Thread: Huge news

  1. Registered User

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Berlin - Germany
    Posts
    2,739

    Default Huge news



    Danny Carey seems to be using an icon now. This changes everything. And damn, thats one... interesting wrap on his drums.

  2. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    20,902

    Default

    I have MANY questions.
    Still Way Too Much Crap

  3. Registered User

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Berlin - Germany
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I have MANY questions.
    That finish will make you question your very existence.

  4. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    20,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keaton_86 View Post
    That finish will make you question your very existence.
    The wrap coupled with his outburst while getting booked has me questioning everything.
    Still Way Too Much Crap

  5. Registered User

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Berlin - Germany
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    The wrap coupled with his outburst while getting booked has me questioning everything.
    I'm yet to see any actual proof of him saying what he allegedly said.

  6. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    20,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keaton_86 View Post
    I'm yet to see any actual proof of him saying what he allegedly said.
    This is true but why would anyone randomly make that up?
    Still Way Too Much Crap

  7. Registered User

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Berlin - Germany
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    This is true but why would anyone randomly make that up?
    TMZ. Traffic = $$$

    I doubt most people care about the drummer from tool, but a lot more people will care if he is allegedly saying homophobic slurs.

    Btw - i fully acknowledge that he is a 60 year old dude so he easily could've said it, and my inner fanboy is what's making me defensive. But anywho, he's using a rack now, lol. And a gong drum. I wonder which parts of the songs he'll use the gong drum.

  8. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    md
    Posts
    4,414

    Default

    Looks an old SONOR tear drop kit.

  9. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    20,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keaton_86 View Post
    TMZ. Traffic = $$$

    I doubt most people care about the drummer from tool, but a lot more people will care if he is allegedly saying homophobic slurs.

    Btw - i fully acknowledge that he is a 60 year old dude so he easily could've said it, and my inner fanboy is what's making me defensive. But anywho, he's using a rack now, lol. And a gong drum. I wonder which parts of the songs he'll use the gong drum.
    As a huge fan, I in no way want to believe it either, but TMZ or no TMZ, it makes little sense that someone- even a hack “journalist” out for clicks- would make such a thing up about a random prog drummer in an airport in middle America.

    Regardless, that may be one of the ugliest kits I’ve ever seen. It looks like he raided the Rockenwraps warehouse.
    Still Way Too Much Crap

  10. Registered User

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Berlin - Germany
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    Looks an old SONOR tear drop kit.
    It's actually a brand new SQ2 with vintage series lugs. Crazy sizes too, 22x20 and 24x20 inch kicks.

  11. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keaton_86 View Post
    TMZ. Traffic = $$$

    I doubt most people care about the drummer from tool, but a lot more people will care if he is allegedly saying homophobic slurs.

    Btw - i fully acknowledge that he is a 60 year old dude so he easily could've said it, and my inner fanboy is what's making me defensive. But anywho, he's using a rack now, lol. And a gong drum. I wonder which parts of the songs he'll use the gong drum.
    He's been using an acrylic gong bass on and off since 10.000 days. It's in place of his second floor tom. One example he uses it is at the end of Aenima.
    Name:  dannycareymastersplace3.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  78.9 KB

    In the new pic just posted it looks like he's actually using 8+10+14 roto+Korg wave drum up front.

  12. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keaton_86 View Post
    It's actually a brand new SQ2 with vintage series lugs. Crazy sizes too, 22x20 and 24x20 inch kicks.
    Yeah, it's an SQ2. I think he used it (without Pearl rack) on the last tour.
    Name:  E__nmzkVgAEJs6t.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  129.5 KB

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •