Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 99
  1. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    51

    Default My Ongoing Dream Kit

    Hello everyone, it has been a minute since I posted. Thought I would share pics of my current set up. It is certainly a fun kit to play.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  2. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Posts
    2,938

    Default

    A second bass drum would set this off wonderfully.

  3. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPD260 View Post
    A second bass drum would set this off wonderfully.
    Haha. That isn't the first time I've been told that.

  4. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    20,903

    Default

    Where’s the sec…
    Still Way Too Much Crap

  5. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Where’s the sec…
    Hahaha

  6. The Sensitone Guy

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    The roll bar is a nice touch. You can never be too careful!

    Seriously though, based upon the way you set up your kit (with lots of stuff to the left of the snare) I'd venture to guess you have a lot of left hand independence.

  7. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    20,903

    Default

    Looking at the drivers seat photo, that kit is SERIOUSLY ergonomic. Aesthetically though, from the front, that vast, empty area is odd.
    Last edited by JY Kelly; 11-28-2021 at 07:25 AM.
    Still Way Too Much Crap

  8. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Looking at the drivers seat photo, that kit is SERIOUSLY ergonomic. Aesthetically though, from the front, that vast, empty area is odd.
    I see what you're saying. I primarily use that space for the cable snake, headphone amp that I use for my in ears, and the cable for my Pearl remote hihat stand since I have the hats set up similarly to John Longstreth from Origin. I play beats right-handed but I begin rolls and foot patterns with my left limbs. I have also gotten a lot of feedback from people on how they like that they can see my feet as I play.

    And while a second bass drum absolutely WOULD look great I don't have any additional channels available on my band's 16-channel digital mixer. We use 9 channels for my drums, 4 channels for vocal mics (I am the primary backing vocalist), 2 for both guitars and one for bass guitar.

    Eventually, we plan on upgrading to a 32 channel with a digital cable snake. At that point I will be looking into getting another bass drum as well as an 18" floor tom.

  9. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
    The roll bar is a nice touch. You can never be too careful!

    Seriously though, based upon the way you set up your kit (with lots of stuff to the left of the snare) I'd venture to guess you have a lot of left hand independence.
    My band opened for a lot of awesome tribute bands this summer (including Petty Fever who have won awards; that's my mini-flex for the day ��) and the one thing I noticed is all of the drummers had their own unique set up. One drummer (now former) from Unchained, a Van Halen tribute, put the idea in my head to make my kit unique to me and also told me that people like to see the drummer so I thought the best route was to hang some cymbals off of another rack tier. I get many positive comments on how this kit looks as well as being able to see my face.

    I said it above this post but I play beats right-handed but I roll and do foot patterns with my left limbs.

  10. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    20,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DirkDiggler View Post
    I see what you're saying. I primarily use that space for the cable snake, headphone amp that I use for my in ears, and the cable for my Pearl remote hihat stand since I have the hats set up similarly to John Longstreth from Origin. I play beats right-handed but I begin rolls and foot patterns with my left limbs. I have also gotten a lot of feedback from people on how they like that they can see my feet as I play.

    And while a second bass drum absolutely WOULD look great I don't have any additional channels available on my band's 16-channel digital mixer. We use 9 channels for my drums, 4 channels for vocal mics (I am the primary backing vocalist), 2 for both guitars and one for bass guitar.

    Eventually, we plan on upgrading to a 32 channel with a digital cable snake. At that point I will be looking into getting another bass drum as well as an 18" floor tom.
    First second I looked at it I figured the player was ambidextrous or something to that effect.
    Still Way Too Much Crap

  11. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    First second I looked at it I figured the player was ambidextrous or something to that effect.
    I wish I was. I can do ghost note patterns playing right handed during a beat but as soon as I begin a roll or, again, double bass patterns I lead with my left so I guess I am KIND OF ambidextrous?

    I've been thinking about possibly getting one of those OffSet double bass pedals and moving the bass drum to the middle and rearranging the rack to accommodate that. I'm not sure yet.

  12. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    20,903

    Default

    I mean, don’t do anything cause we’re telling you… if this set up works for you and gets complements- win/win!
    Still Way Too Much Crap

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •