Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by scaryguy View Post
    Why don't you use pedaltriggers instead of triggers on the bassdrumheads ?

I'm using OnTrigger pedal triggers (https://www.on-trigger.com/en/) in combination with a Roland TM-2 module. But there's also Footblaster (https://footblaster.com/). I have triggers on my double pedal aswel as on my 2 single pedals so if i ever should have a gig with plenty of room on stage i can take my 2 kicks instead of 1. Right now i'm using the 2 single triggerd pedals at home on my big kit.
    The reason i chose for this type of triggering is because this system is much more reliable then the drumhead triggering system.
    And if i should ever have to use a rental kit i don't have to mount a trigger on that kick because they are on my pedals
    My left pedal goes to the roland trigger input 1 and my right pedal to the roland input 2. The output of the roland tm-2 goes to the pa (same principle as with mics)

I'm pretty satisfied with this type of triggering.
    This requires a lot more outboard equipment though, no? Module, cables, AC power, a sound man who knows what the f he’s doing…
    Way Too Much Crap

2. Deferoxa

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    This requires a lot more outboard equipment though, no? Module, cables, AC power, a sound man who knows what the f he’s doing…
    No more equipment as with drumhead triggering Just 1 extra cable from your second pedal to the roland module
    10 pc Pearl Vision VSX #436 Strata Red w/Black HW
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=246977Latest pics page 86 !

3. Registered User

I'd say that comes down to personal preference however either would work. I have had OnTriggers on my pedals for the last few months and found I prefer the hoop-mounted triggers I was using before.

4. The Hardware Guy

I nearly always gigged two bass drums, and never had a problem with mic'ing, EQ'ing, etc. Just turn up at the gig, set up the kit, watch the soundman huff about getting another mini boom/stand and a mic, sound check, play, tear down and go home. You're over-thinking it.

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

5. Drumming Since 1943

None of the places I play could accommodate my whole kit. Hell, I’m squeezed with a 4 piece.
    Way Too Much Crap

6. Deferoxa

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    I nearly always gigged two bass drums, and never had a problem with mic'ing, EQ'ing, etc. Just turn up at the gig, set up the kit, watch the soundman huff about getting another mini boom/stand and a mic, sound check, play, tear down and go home. You're over-thinking it.
    I have to agree on this. You need to be prepared that's true but there's no need to make it any harder than it actually is.
    10 pc Pearl Vision VSX #436 Strata Red w/Black HW
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=246977Latest pics page 86 !

7. Registered User

None of the places I play could accommodate my whole kit. Hell, I’m squeezed with a 4 piece.
    Have you seen Thrush's living room? He's accustomed to fitting that giant kit in very cramped quarters.

8. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by HPD260 View Post
    Have you seen Thrush's living room? He's accustomed to fitting that giant kit in very cramped quarters.
    That bell-end doesn’t have three other band mates and all their gear in his living room!
    Way Too Much Crap

9. Registered User

That bell-end doesn’t have three other band mates and all their gear in his living room!
    Sounds like it's time to go solo. Bozzio 2.0 anyone?

10. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by HPD260 View Post
    Sounds like it's time to go solo. Bozzio 2.0 anyone?
    Lol. No one needs to see or hear THAT!

“Can I do ‘What are the same generic rock and funk beats played repeatedly?’, Alex?”
    Way Too Much Crap

11. The Hardware Guy

I remember one show at a pub in East London, the "stage" was just big enough for my kit (22,22,12,13,16,18+snare, no rack, half a dozen cymbal stands) and the bass amp. The two guitarists, bassist, the guitar amps and mics had to go on the floor in front of the stage, and the fold-back monitors in front of that still.

Don't **** with the drummer

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

12. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    I remember one show at a pub in East London, the "stage" was just big enough for my kit (22,22,12,13,16,18+snare, no rack, half a dozen cymbal stands) and the bass amp. The two guitarists, bassist, the guitar amps and mics had to go on the floor in front of the stage, and the fold-back monitors in front of that still.

Don't **** with the drummer
    I did that kind of thing when I first started playing out. I wouldn’t even think of checking the venue for stage size, I’d just bring the whole (at the time) Carter B. kit and everyone else had to accommodate me. These days, I’m way more considerate.
    Way Too Much Crap