Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Registered User

IŽd just love to once go into a random drumstore and find an "old" masters kit. Even tough I wouldnŽt need it, IŽd get it right away without thinking about it...

2. Registered User

Those visions are awesome kits. My friend had one and i was amazed at how good the toms sounded.

3. Skeld-the -wicked

Vision are great. It’s too bad the masters condition wasn’t good. As long as your happy that’s all that matters.Masters kits in decent shape are hard to find.
    Last edited by skeld-the-wicked; 10-04-2021 at 06:46 PM.
    Pearl Drums

4. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    Vision kit are great. It’s too bad the masters condition wasn’t good. As long as your happy that’s all that matters.Masters kits in decent shape are hard to find.
    Part of me regrets letting my BRX go. Was in astounding condition. Great thing is that it went to an amazing person who is touring with them.
    Way Too Much Crap

5. Registered User

I've been checking ebay since months. The offered masters kits are quite expensive and mostly the condition of the kits is just way too bad for the price they are asking...
    I nearly made a deal on an"old" reference kit in superb condition, but I was too late.

I feel like Pearl made lot's of changes to their drum-lines and "closed" a lot of series over the years, like the vision line and the masters series. But tbh I feel like this was a big mistake.

6. Registered Loser

Quote Originally Posted by ZiGglA View Post
    Sorry again for beeing a d**k ...
    Oh, no, you see, it was us who were the d**ks. But in a JY Kelly Ball Busting(TM) sort of way.

Love the colour on the kit you picked up. My first 'real' drumkit's finish was very similar. Congrats.
    Last edited by Feenix; 10-04-2021 at 08:58 AM.

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Part of me regrets letting my BRX go. Was in astounding condition. Great thing is that it went to an amazing person who is touring with them.
    If you get the itch for another BRX, I've got one with your name on it.

8. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by HPD260 View Post
    If you get the itch for another BRX, I've got one with your name on it.
    Do tell.
    Way Too Much Crap

9. Drummer since 1963

I know the Masters kit was glitzier on the surface than the Vision and it's a higher tier kit but IMHO the finish on the Vision is a more tasteful presentation than any sparkle. Handsome kit without it shouting, "Here I am!", on its own. Equally as biased and subjective on my part is my preference for birch shells. That's a killer kit you got and it cleaned up beautifully. Congrats! Meant to be. You done well.
    I know of a BLX kit up for sale, 22, 10, 13, 16. My MLX kit had those same intervals and it was the s... I have 2 kits I need to sell but that would leave me with 3 kits, one more than I need. The Blue Mist is screaming at me though and I'm trying to ignore it. I'd never take them anywhere to play, they're too heavy but not buying them is a struggle, that is if they're still available.
    Last edited by Ron Gerber; 10-04-2021 at 11:40 AM.

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Gerber View Post
    I know the Masters kit was glitzier on the surface than the Vision and it's a higher tier kit but IMHO the finish on the Vision is a more tasteful presentation than any sparkle. Handsome kit without it shouting, "Here I am!", on its own. Equally as biased and subjective on my part is my preference for birch shells. That's a killer kit you got and it cleaned up beautifully. Congrats! Meant to be. You done well.
    I know of a BLX kit up for sale, 22, 10, 13, 16. My MLX kit had those same intervals and it was the s... I have 2 kits I need to sell but that would leave me with 3 kits, one more than I need. The Blue Mist is screaming at me though and I'm trying to ignore it. I'd never take them anywhere to play, they're too heavy but not buying them is a struggle, that is if they're still available.
    I really like sparkle kits. my "main" kit is a Tama Starclassic b/b performer in blue galaxy fade

Yet on the other hand, putting a beautiful kit like a MMX/Masters kit in general, into a smokey practice space and different stages around Europe... I think I would always be sorry for the kit...