Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

• Home
  1. Registered User

Default Definitive Memory Lock Listing for 930-series hardware?

Hey everyone -

I recently did away with an older ICON rack and replaced all of my DW 9000-series stands (I run Pearl OptiMounts on the 14" and 16" mounted toms to support them properly) with a setup that includes BC930 boom stands with ADP30 clamps, and T930 tom stands. I'm very used to the DW stands, and was surprised that there are no memory locks at all on these things; that's pretty critical for my setup times at gigs.

It also seems like there's next-to-no solid information on what locks fit what stand sections out there. Is there a list somewhere as to what is what, or does anyone have experience first-hand fitting memory locks on these stands? (Pearl or off-brand!) I don't have an appropriate gauge for measuring tube diameter, so I'm looking for any feedback possible.

Thanks,

DJ

2. Registered User

Well, I dove in and figured it out through trial and error. Pearl sent me a 2016 parts list that allowed me to pull part numbers for the memory locks based on the old 1000 and 2000-series stands, and they're totally identical to the 930/1030 stands. For some reason, Pearl doesn't supply memory locks for the stand bases *at all* these days, which seems wild to me - it's so integral to a gigging drummer. But I digress.

From the ground up:

ZD081(TA) - the standard 7/8" tom and cymbal arm memory lock. Tension closure (no hinge.)
    ZD627AN - The 930-Series knurled cymbal arm memory lock - hinged.
    ZD104A - The 3/4" bottom tube lock (the first adjustment joint) - hinged.
    ZD106A - The 5/8" mid-tube memory lock (the second adjustment joint) - hinged.
    DC582A - The Stand base memory lock (for setting how wide the legs spread.) - Hinged.

These are not regularly-stocked items anywhere by the sounds of it - I had to special-order through Sweetwater.

Pics to follow.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

3. Registered User

Name:  IMG_6600.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  85.6 KB

4. Registered User

Next up:

Name:  IMG_6596.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  168.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_6597.jpg