Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 14
  1. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,520

    Default Lost Neil two years ago today

    It seems like yesterday to me, and still very hard to believe. Lots of tributes around the web today for Neil. He made me want to be a better drummer over 50 years ago. He also gave me the love for large kits with many voices. I still tear up today as I write this. I still haven't got over his death, and maybe never will. To me he was the greatest thing to happen to drumming. His class, ability to recover from intense grief, his drumming, his kits, his books, his love for bikes all added to his greatness. Miss you Neil.

  2. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    20,902

    Default

    Ditto. Neil, along with Bourdain and Petty, still hurt bad.
    Still Way Too Much Crap

  3. Registered User

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Morehead City, North Carolina
    Posts
    832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    It seems like yesterday to me, and still very hard to believe. Lots of tributes around the web today for Neil. He made me want to be a better drummer over 50 years ago. He also gave me the love for large kits with many voices. I still tear up today as I write this. I still haven't got over his death, and maybe never will. To me he was the greatest thing to happen to drumming. His class, ability to recover from intense grief, his drumming, his kits, his books, his love for bikes all added to his greatness. Miss you Neil.
    Well said! Amen Brother! The Professor will never be forgotten among our community!

  4. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Posts
    2,938

    Default

    Read his book Ghost Rider after his death. It was a great read that I unfortunately didn't know about until after he'd passed.

  5. Registered User

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Morehead City, North Carolina
    Posts
    832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPD260 View Post
    Read his book Ghost Rider after his death. It was a great read that I unfortunately didn't know about until after he'd passed.
    Read it, and agree, incredible read! By the way, I read all Neil's books. Not just an incredible drummer but a brilliant man!

  6. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    20,902

    Default

    Have em all. I respect him as much as a writer and a man than as a drummer.
    Still Way Too Much Crap

  7. Registered User

    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Portage, MI
    Posts
    25

    Default

    I always enjoyed reading his stories on his web site covering his travels from concert to concert, and just life in general.

    If you haven't before, check them out.

    https://neilpeart.net/archived-blog/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  8. Registered User

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Morehead City, North Carolina
    Posts
    832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drummer1956 View Post
    I always enjoyed reading his stories on his web site covering his travels from concert to concert, and just life in general.

    If you haven't before, check them out.

    https://neilpeart.net/archived-blog/
    Ditto....love Neil's website! Seems to be up and running again as well.

  9. A Passion Play ...

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sacramento CA.
    Posts
    5,744

    Default

    Losing Neil and EVH hit me hard. Both heroes
    of my youth and adult years. Back in the day
    hearing Hemispheres and Van Halen 1 were
    magical albums for me. Still hurts very much.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

  10. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Losing Neil and EVH hit me hard. Both heroes
    of my youth and adult years. Back in the day
    hearing Hemispheres and Van Halen 1 were
    magical albums for me. Still hurts very much.
    Two of the greatest albums ever.

  11. Pearl Corporation USA

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Pearl Corporation USA Nashville, TN
    Posts
    27,933

    Default

    Still a void that over time should heal but thus far it has not. RIP professor!



    Pearl Corporation USA | Nashville

  12. Masterworks / Sabian

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Still very much miss him. Looking forward to paying tribute to him at our gig in June.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •