Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Fix it, PearlThumper! Lol
    I really should have went with DoubleBassThumper. Lol.

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    Your new drums look great. Looking at your drums stacked like that is killing me. Reference series are not exactly light weight drums. Looking forward to seeing everything set up.
    Haha. They were only stacked up for a minute or so to get the picture. I felt like putting the toms in front of the bass drums but, I have way too much gear in that room. I didn't want to move anything else.

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Megyalila Ballad View Post
    I see you’ve got a ‘thing’ for Tama pedals and thrones — hence the username?

Very pretty Twilight Fade! Congrats on the kit, but why the double-bass setup? Interesting sizes… Did you go for classic rock widths but shorter depths because of the bass drum sizing and your — I assume lower — seating stance?
    My 3 thrones are Tama, a pair of Speed Cobras, a pair of Dyna-Syncs, 2 pairs of Iron Cobra Powerglides, endless amounts of stands and clamps. I did have all Tama kits at one point. Ventured out a bit over the last few years though.

I always use two bass drums. Even my practice pad kit has two kick pads. Haha. Was never comfortable on double pedals.

This was ordered for someone else and through certain issues, it was sold to me. Brand new, still in the boxes. When it was offered to me, my main "wants' were A ) square floor toms, 14x12 or 16x14 never sat well with me as floor toms. B ) Two matching kicks, not a 24 & 22 or 22 & 20. C ) I wanted a 13" rack tom. Never liked the 8/10/12 or 10/12/14. The shorter/traditional depths, I actually started to like more and more over the last few years. I have a custom made fiberglass kit with two 24" bass drums and all traditional depth rack toms.

As for the seating stance, I'm 6'2 and my thighs are just slightly higher than being flat/parallel with the floor.

4. Registered User

Perhaps a great way to break in the heads!
    It would save me from stretching them out later. Lol.

5. Drumming Since 1943

I see you’ve got a ‘thing’ for Tama pedals and thrones — hence the username?

Very pretty Twilight Fade! Congrats on the kit, but why the double-bass setup? Interesting sizes… Did you go for classic rock widths but shorter depths because of the bass drum sizing and your — I assume lower — seating stance?
    Because double kick set-up’s rule?
    Way Too Much Crap

6. A Passion Play ...

Sweet Refs. Great score.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...