Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    Drag, man.

Keith Richards has told a story that during the high-point of Jagger's lead singer syndrome in the '80s Mick continuously referred to Watts as "his drummer" just to antagonize Watts. Jagger drunkenly phoned Watts' hotel room one night, demanding "his drummer" come to his room, so Watts showered, shaved, put on a suit and tie, then knocked on Jagger's hotel room door. When Jagger opened the door, Watts punched him in the face and told him "I'm not your drummer, you're my ****ing singer!"
    Legendary!

2. Registered User

Charlie broke a snare head in the 80s. When the guy tasked with changing the head found confetti inside the drum. He asked What's the confetti from? Charlie replied Its from the Ed Sullivan show!

R.I.P. Charlie

3. Miles Gibbons

Blasted "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" on my way home from the gig tonight. Rest easy, Charlie!
    "I'm gonna sleep outside... it's like Earth here, except less pollution, and more moons"

4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    Drag, man.

Keith Richards has told a story that during the high-point of Jagger's lead singer syndrome in the '80s Mick continuously referred to Watts as "his drummer" just to antagonize Watts. Jagger drunkenly phoned Watts' hotel room one night, demanding "his drummer" come to his room, so Watts showered, shaved, put on a suit and tie, then knocked on Jagger's hotel room door. When Jagger opened the door, Watts punched him in the face and told him "I'm not your drummer, you're my ****ing singer!"
    Love it. https://nypost.com/2021/08/24/why-ch...-the-face/amp/