Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default Bought a set of pearls !

I need help to identify my new used pearl kit ? I got it for $100 on Facebook marketplace !

Gotta buy stands , throne , cymbals , Tom arm mounts. That’s all !

Had ALOT of rust on chrome. WD40 and a stainless steel scrubber took that off .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. FKA Tasty808

Are you sure that’s a Pearl drum kit? It looks like a budget kit with a Pearl head. Does it have any badges or stickers?

3. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Do you have any pictures of the badges?

4. Registered User

The tom mount hardware on the bass and toms look right. The floor tom legs and leg mounts all the way down to the Wing nut does not. Nor do the bass drum spurs. 50% of it could be Pearl. I can't really even see any badges on it. Some better pics will help. If you are a new drummer you took.a bit of a hit if its a budget kit. But you could still learn on it. Sadly Pearl Export kits pop up on FB Marketplace for $300 frequently with stands ,cymbals, pedals & throne included.

Other times people list complete garbage for $500!

5. Registered User

no badges at all actually . i have been playing 36 yrs honestly , but being on a VERY fixed income i buy what i can afford too . im also raising my two daughters , so money is super tight , as most people can imagine . So is it not worth $100 ? im still planning to get my stands , tom arm mounts , cymbals , throne , etc though for it .

AND one lug is busted off on the bass drum too . He told me it was a vintage Pearl drum kit .

but one thing is , it came with Remo Pinstripe virgin heads top and bottom , plus bass drum pinstripe head as well !!!!!

and lets not forget an all metal Yamaha pedal !
    Last edited by Pearldrummer83; 08-18-2021 at 08:55 PM.

6. Registered User

More pictures

7. Registered User

Looks like a dark type of wood for the shells too ?

8. Drumming Since 1943

Um... what else would it be made of?
    Way Too Much Crap

9. Registered User

Haha believe it or not I’ve actually gotten some in the past with kits that were black plastic.

10. FKA Tasty808

Quote Originally Posted by Pearldrummer83 View Post
    Haha believe it or not I’ve actually gotten some in the past with kits that were black plastic.
    Dang! Well, that’s not good. I’m excited for you to get your set all back together and get playing again! Welcome to the forum, btw.

11. A Passion Play ...

X2. Welcome to the Forum. Looks like a fun project.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

12. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Pearldrummer83 View Post
    no badges at all actually . i have been playing 36 yrs honestly , but being on a VERY fixed income i buy what i can afford too . im also raising my two daughters , so money is super tight , as most people can imagine . So is it not worth $100 ? im still planning to get my stands , tom arm mounts , cymbals , throne , etc though for it .

AND one lug is busted off on the bass drum too . He told me it was a vintage Pearl drum kit .

but one thing is , it came with Remo Pinstripe virgin heads top and bottom , plus bass drum pinstripe head as well !!!!!

I think for $100 you did fine. I personally want to let you know you have been lied to or the dude who you bought it from was informed himself.