Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Drummer since 1963

Default Pearl STS 10, 12, 14, 20 Configuration

Finally played a gig that wasn't a jam. Got to leave the Mapex home and play out on the Session Studio Select kit. I've been Zoom recording all my recent gigs. These Session Select drums sound so great! Thinking of going 4 piece this weekend and maybe use the 5" '68 COB Supra instead of the matching 6.5" snare although it is sweet. New gig, trying to figure it out.
    New (to me) hats are coming too. 15" Sabian XSR Monarch to compliment my 22" Monarch Ride. Buying cymbals online is a crap shoot. They arrive Wednesday. Can't wait for the moment of truth.

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Gerber View Post
    Finally played a gig that wasn't a jam. Got to leave the Mapex home and play out on the Session Studio Select kit. I've been Zoom recording all my recent gigs. These Session Select drums sound so great! Thinking of going 4 piece this weekend and maybe use the 5" '68 COB Supra instead of the matching 6.5" snare although it is sweet. New gig, trying to figure it out.
    New (to me) hats are coming too. 15" Sabian XSR Monarch to compliment my 22" Monarch Ride. Buying cymbals online is a crap shoot. They arrive Wednesday. Can't wait for the moment of truth.

Beautiful drums. If I were to get another set these would definitely be the ones.

3. Registered User

phx-az since 1978. The best sunsets occur during the monsoon season June-Sept.

Nice set up Ron. I always brought a metal snare and a wood snare to gigs. If one snare wasn’t sounding quite right in the mix in that particular room I would try the other snare and hopefully make the mix better. Sweet PRS in that pic!
    "Now just a minute. This is a press conference. The last thing I want to do is answer a lot of questions."

United States Army General Maynard M. Mitchell
    Press briefing. Korea 1950

4. Purple Crazed

Nice setup Ron!

PRS: Paul Reed Smith
    PRG: Pearl Ron Gerber

Pearl Purple Craze Reference Series
    6x7 | 6x7 | 8x7 | 8x7 | 8x8 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x11 | 16x13 | 18x16 | 18x14G | 20x14G | 20x16 | 22x18
    Pearl 14x5 Wine Red Maple and Copper Free Floating Snares
    Pearl 10x6.2 Mangini Signature Snare
    Tama Octobans

5. Drummer since 1963

Quote Originally Posted by insane65 View Post
    Nice set up Ron. I always brought a metal snare and a wood snare to gigs. If one snare wasn’t sounding quite right in the mix in that particular room I would try the other snare and hopefully make the mix better. Sweet PRS in that pic!
    The COB was in my trunk, I always carry a back-up. I just like to change it up so I don't feel like any of my small collection of snares are just sitting around gathering dust. There are 8" and 16" toms that belong to this kit but I'm trying to keep it simple playing gigs.
    Last edited by Ron Gerber; 08-16-2021 at 07:59 PM.

6. Registered User

Lovely kit, Ron. I have my SSC snare I broke out for the first time in a year. Good to see you gigging!

7. Drummer since 1963

Thanks, playing again at the same bar this Saturday. Might even mask up. After all, it's Tennessee.