Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hoop upgrade

1. shredthosesticks

Default Hoop upgrade

I want to upgrade my hoops but found out there are no Pearl 6-lug superhoops for a 16" FT. Why would you make a line of drums without having a way to upgrade them? Any suggestions what I can use in place of this out of round hoop?
    What is life without drums???

1983 Pearl 5 ply maple - 2 - 22" BDs or Eliminator DB pedal - or 18" BD for jazz gigs
    snares - 14x6.5 Maple Pearl, 13X4.5 Cherry Black Panther, 12x3 DW bronze piccolo, 14x5.5 metal Ludwig (1964)
    toms -10-12-13-15-16" - and many toys
    cymbals purchased by sound

2. Unban nik12

They don’t make it an option because they want you to upgrade your whole kit. You could just get another 1.6mm hoop or get a generic 2.3mm hoop from Drum Factory Direct, Drummaker.com, etc.
    Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MitchLyons View Post
    They donít make it an option because they want you to upgrade your whole kit. You could just get another 1.6mm hoop or get a generic 2.3mm hoop from Drum Factory Direct, Drummaker.com, etc.

I actually took this route myself for what I thought was a warped rim. Long story short the rim wasn't as bad as I thought but it was clear to see the aftermarket option was just better quality. I recommend it.
    Pearl Decade Maple Brown Burst: 24x14 | 13x9 | 16x16 | 18x16
    Pearl Modern Utility Steel Shell Snare: 14x6.5
    Pearl M80 Snare: 10x4
    Zildjian Cymbals | Remo Drumheads | Fat Cat Snare Wires