Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Rogue Ex-Mod

Bonham for sure, and also some Mitch Mitchell and Neil Peart. Dennis Wilson and Ringo when I was younger.
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

2. old dog, new tricks

Phil Rudd, Tim Alexander, Jon Knox, Vinnie Paul, Kenny Aronoff.
    “You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” - Harlan Ellison

link below for my kit build thread

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread

3. FKA Tasty808

I’d like to think Abe Cunningham meets Steve Jordan, with a bit of Bonham and Travis Barker...

But really, Dan Julian, Nate Humfleet, and Tom Tracy.
    Never heard of ‘em?! They were the dudes that were already in bands when I first started to go to local shows and really pay attention to what was happening! These were the dudes in my grade or just a few years older that I saw play live that made me realize I wanted to play drums. These were the dudes that played at my school’s Battle of the Bands (the only school sponsored events I ever went to) that just rocked so hard that I decided to save up and buy my first drum kit!!!

4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

It's hard to say because other than a couple of bands I have found myself feeling obligated to play simple and straight ahead parts. I will say that if I am criticized it is usually that I am too rock for jazz and too jazz for rock. Who inspired that is beyond me.

Larry Mullen Jr, Stewart Copeland, Steve Smith, Paul Cook, Manu Katche, Raheed Ali, Joe Easley, John Bonham, Bill Stevenson, Suzie Ibara, Simone Pace, Tony Thompson, and personal people I know have had the biggest effect. I would say people I know are a bigger part than I might even realize. I will say those I play with who like my playing seem to really do and those who I didn't get the gig with or we didn't work out really don't. There's not much in between when it comes to the people I play with. I have no idea what influence caused that.

5. PEARL EXX

Well, I only hear myself

6. The Hardware Guy

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Hellhammer, Animal from the muppets, Meg White, Peart and Karen Carpenter.
    Anyone who can mention Hellhammer and Karen Carpenter in the same sentence is my kind of person.

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

7. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    Anyone who can mention Hellhammer and Karen Carpenter in the same sentence is my kind of person.
    Way Too Much Crap

8. The Hardware Guy

One guy I keep hearing in my playing is Raymond Herrera - I love syncopating bass drum hits with guitar riffs, which is something I picked up from listening to Fear Factory (specifically 'Demanufacture'). Subsequently, I learned that he learned that from Gene Hoglan (at least, that's what Gene told me anyway), so it makes me a little warm and fuzzy inside to think I've got a bit of Gene in my playing (because the dude is a godfather of metal drumming)

PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”

9. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    One guy I keep hearing in my playing is Raymond Herrera - I love syncopating bass drum hits with guitar riffs, which is something I picked up from listening to Fear Factory (specifically 'Demanufacture'). Subsequently, I learned that he learned that from Gene Hoglan (at least, that's what Gene told me anyway), so it makes me a little warm and fuzzy inside to think I've got a bit of Gene in my playing (because the dude is a godfather of metal drumming)
    If your feet can come anywhere CLOSE to Ray’s performance on Demanufacture, then my caps off to you. That’s seriously impressive.
    Way Too Much Crap

10. The Hardware Guy

Not even close! I used to be able to play along to that album in my younger, much more active days, but wouldn't have a hope in hell nowadays, with so much time away from the kit. Even then I wasn't as accurate and tight as him. He's an absolute machine when it comes to that

PICSPICS 2