Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Any Summit drums owners?

Found out about Summit on DFO. Handmade steam bent shells out of Ohio. I'm working on an order right now and feel like this could be like getting an early Oriollo snare. The pricing is phenomenal and the product looks amazing. Everyon who has commissioned a drum seems extremely happy. Anyone here have a Summit drum?

Name:  Screenshot_20210430-132643_Chrome.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  56.6 KB

2. Registered User

I plan to, he lives a few miles from mom and dad. Next time I head up to Akron I’m going to try and meet up with him.

3. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    Found out about Summit on DFO. Handmade steam bent shells out of Ohio. I'm working on an order right now and feel like this could be like getting an early Oriollo snare. The pricing is phenomenal and the product looks amazing. Everyon who has commissioned a drum seems extremely happy. Anyone here have a Summit drum?

Name:  Screenshot_20210430-132643_Chrome.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  56.6 KB
    Just how phenomenal is the pricing? Been thinking of adding a 12" solid snare to my arsenal, going for the Dave Abruzzese tone on VS by Pearl Jam, where he used a 12" Brady Jarrah.
    Last edited by MitchLyons; 05-01-2021 at 05:17 PM.
    Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

4. Playing since 1976

I would get an Oriollo instead.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Reverb Listings ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay Auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MitchLyons View Post
    Just how phenomenal is the pricing? Been thinking of adding a 12" solid snare to my arsenal, going for the Dave Abruzzese tone on VS by Pearl Jam, where he used a 12" Brady Jarrah.
    PM sent. The size you're considering would be really affordable. I can't speak for Gary but I can't imagine anyone has or would complain about his current pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by doomonyou View Post
    I plan to, he lives a few miles from mom and dad. Next time I head up to Akron I’m going to try and meet up with him.

I talked to Gary on the phone today for the first time and he was extremely nice and very accommodating. We decided to do a 5.75x14 steam bent African Mahogany shell with some nicely figured maple rerings, 10 tube lugs (identical to the ones in the photo above) an inde strainer and butt, my own birdseye maple cast profile wood hoops and a 30 outside edge slight roundover on the batter and a double 45 slight round over at the apex on the reso. He builds whole kits too and is a SONOR geek like me also so we share some ideas about what we like in drums for sure. Pretty stoked.

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I would get an Oriollo instead.
    I have a Phantom, great drum but Vukan only makes metal shells as far as I know.

7. Drumming Since 1943

Lotta triangles in that logo.

Hmm.
    Way Too Much Crap

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Lotta triangles in that logo.

Hmm.
    Hahaha, pretty sure they're just innocent mountains hahaha. He said he thought about doing an actual mountain logo, like a cast, or fabricated raised logo, i guess but that his wife designed this and he likes simple aesthetics.

9. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    Hahaha, pretty sure they're just innocent mountains hahaha. He said he thought about doing an actual mountain logo, like a cast, or fabricated raised logo, i guess but that his wife designed this and he likes simple aesthetics.
    The cynic in me is thinking those triangles mean more than an aesthetic decision on his wife’s part. But I may be woefully wrong.
    Way Too Much Crap

10. Registered User

The cynic in me is thinking those triangles mean more than an aesthetic decision on his wife’s part. But I may be woefully wrong.
    I'll play the optimistic then hahaha. I'll ask him

11. Registered User

I’d like to do a beech or oak kit. Most likely a snare to start with.
    I do like that you get to pick the hardware.
    And I’m all about supporting and buying “local”.

12. formerly TubCrusher

My badge is an upside down triangle, but it has everything to do with following my signature of my last name....
    Never take life too seriously, 'cause you'll never get out alive!!

My Dirty Little Collection..