Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. FKA Tasty808

Default Three new Zildjian Concept cymbals.

Zildjian just released three new Concept Series cymbals today.

Name:  B93DBBB9-06C5-4A1E-ACF8-73DC04B5DD3A.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  21.1 KB

https://zildjian.com/cymbals/drumset/concept-shop.html

2. Registered User

Zildjian are pretty late to the clap stack party.

3. Drumming Since 1943

Crab shack party? Where do I sign up?
    Way Too Much Crap

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thismercifulfate View Post
    Zildjian are late to every party. I'm pretty sure that's why Sabian exists. They got sick of Zildjian being so traditional.

5. Unban nik12

I've heard through the grapevine that apparently Zildjian will be moving over to factory direct purchasing for customers, which is all fine and good, but apparently will be cutting out distribution with some longtime dealers. Not sure what the extent of that is going to be and how long it'll take to implement, but it'll be interesting to see nonetheless.
    Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

6. FKA Tasty808

Quote Originally Posted by thismercifulfate View Post
    I mean, they’ve been making them for awhile now. They just finally released them for the public... so yeah, I guess you’re right, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Crab shack party? Where do I sign up?
    That sounds delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by keaton_86 View Post
    Zildjian are late to every party. I'm pretty sure that's why Sabian exists. They got sick of Zildjian being so traditional.
    Boooo... Zildjian has plenty of “firsts” including cymbals with extra holes, hi hats with crimped edges, and low volume practice cymbals. Not to mention a slew of things I never even would have noticed mentioned in this article here...

http://blog.zildjian.com/cymbal-firs...vedis-zildjian

I’m wondering what Sabian has done that Zildjian hasn’t?

7. FKA Tasty808

Quote Originally Posted by MitchLyons View Post
    I've heard through the grapevine that apparently Zildjian will be moving over to factory direct purchasing for customers, which is all fine and good, but apparently will be cutting out distribution with some longtime dealers. Not sure what the extent of that is going to be and how long it'll take to implement, but it'll be interesting to see nonetheless.

I’ve ordered a few cymbals from Zildjian directly and they are super fast. I’d rather do that than order through Sam Ash or Guitar Center.

8. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post

Boooo... Zildjian has plenty of “firsts” including cymbals with extra holes, hi hats with crimped edges, and low volume practice cymbals. Not to mention a slew of things I never even would have noticed mentioned in this article here...

http://blog.zildjian.com/cymbal-firs...vedis-zildjian

I’m wondering what Sabian has done that Zildjian hasn’t?
    I’m not trying to spoil your party, but I believe Paiste’s Sound Edge in 1967 was the first hi hat with a wavy bottom cymbal.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

9. Registered User

This is so interesting - I've seen how much smaller music stores have been lately, and I bet there's less paperwork/maintaining relationships with distributors/etc by going direct.
    Ludwig WMP Concert Toms: 6/8/10/12/13/14/15/16/18/20/24, 15" custom snare. Zildjian.

10. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by Healthie View Post
    This is so interesting - I've seen how much smaller music stores have been lately, and I bet there's less paperwork/maintaining relationships with distributors/etc by going direct.
    I definitely get the convenience aspect, and I'm sure it means more money for them. It bums me out to think that music stores might become extinct if other manufacturers follow suit, but I guess that's just the changing of the times.
    Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

11. Registered User

I definitely get the convenience aspect, and I'm sure it means more money for them. It bums me out to think that music stores might become extinct if other manufacturers follow suit, but I guess that's just the changing of the times.
    Yeah. Lately I've been thinking of how quickly the world has changed in 100 years. Everything could be dramatically different in 50 years.
    Ludwig WMP Concert Toms: 6/8/10/12/13/14/15/16/18/20/24, 15" custom snare. Zildjian.

12. Registered User

lol
    Attached Images Attached Images