Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Unban nik12

Default Convertible Double Pedals?

Hey there!

As some of you know, I have a matching bass drum on order for my Starclassics and was planning on getting two new single pedals for the two-kick setup, but I was also considering the option of getting a double pedal that could be converted into singles for this purpose, since I'll still be gigging the single-kick setup.

My Speed Cobras can't be converted and it doesn't seem like many others on the market can be nowadays. I really love my Speed Cobras and wouldn't mind getting two singles, but reducing the amount of money spent on this venture would be ideal. I really want to stick with an extended footboard, and I definitely prefer chain drive.

If anyone has any advice on which pedals might serve this purpose, I'm all ears.
    Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

2. Blind and Faithless

You currently have a double pedal? Why not just buy a matching single pedal? You'd still have a double pedal for a single kick set up, and for two kicks you can use the single pedal on one and the double pedal (without the slave attached) on the other.

I use my double pedal as a "single pedal" 95% of the time. I just take the 2nd beater out.

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You currently have a double pedal? Why not just buy a matching single pedal? You'd still have a double pedal for a single kick set up, and for two kicks you can use the single pedal on one and the double pedal (without the slave attached) on the other.

I use my double pedal as a "single pedal" 95% of the time. I just take the 2nd beater out.
    This will be the most cost effective solution.

4. ex-hipodilski

The Speed Cobra is totally convertible, you just need to get two items - a HP914 Beater Holder and a HP9N3 Para Clamp. The slave pedal post already has holes pre-drilled and you just unscrew the spring tension swivel thingie from the main pedal frame, screw it to the slave pedal frame.

5. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post

My mind totally blanked out on that, I think that's a great idea though! Probably what I'll end up doing if I can't figure out how to convert my doubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Alexandrov View Post
    The Speed Cobra is totally convertible, you just need to get two items - a HP914 Beater Holder and a HP9N3 Para Clamp. The slave pedal post already has holes pre-drilled and you just unscrew the spring tension swivel thingie from the main pedal frame, screw it to the slave pedal frame.
    I didn't realize that it could be that easily converted, thanks for the info! I'll have to see if I can get my hands on those parts. Would I have to swap the spring tensioner to switch it back to a double pedal? Have you done this before?
    Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

6. Registered User

I highly recommend Axis longboards. They don't seem to be as "fashionable" now because of tricks and those weird Polish pedals, but I loooove mine, and I'm not some crazy blastbeat at 420bpm kinda guy. They work really well for everything and they can be used as doubles or singles.