Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. 2-time PDF FFL CHAMP

Dang, Kyle. Sorry to hear about the further delays receiving your Scarlet Sparkle Burst monster.

Hopefully things will pick up soon and she'll show up a little earlier. I feel it though because I have some hardware I special ordered almost a month ago and I'm hoping the logistical nightmares will relax a bit by then.
    22x18 (2) | 10x7 | 12x8 | 16x16 | 18x16

22x18 (2) | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x11 | 16x13

Quote Originally Posted by Maark View Post
    What happens when the Unstoppable Banhammer meets the Immovable Alan12? I think the universe would implode.
    Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    yeah, but I'm the Jeff that Jeff talks about when he talks about "the Jeff" to other Jeffs.

2. Registered Loser

That sucks, bruh. Global disruptions strike again...

3. Masters Maniac......

Quote Originally Posted by kyle75 View Post
    Waiting sure is painful. The latest is it may arrive around President's Day. Please let it be...I won't have to work that weekend. I can unbox and play for like 10 hours each day! lol.
    Don't worry bro. Like I said on the pearl fb page.... when it drops.. Its all worth while. Hold on in brother.
    Pearl Masters BRP 165 Diamond Burst
    Pearl Reference Twilight Fade 14x5.5 Snare
    Sabian AAX HH HHX
    Pro-Mark Evans Remo Apple Shure

4. Registered User

Today is January 12, 2022. That is 287 days since I placed my order. There are Pearl customers who have placed their orders long after I have and already received their kits. This is ridiculous. Let's go Pearl!

5. Unban nik12

Not sure what to tell you man. I’m sorry for the wait but it’ll be well worth it once they arrive.
    Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

Selling a minty 14x6.5 Ian Paice Signature Snare! DM for info!

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MitchLyons View Post
    Not sure what to tell you man. I’m sorry for the wait but it’ll be well worth it once they arrive.
    Not much to say. All I can do is vent. It is frustrating to know other Pearl customers placed their orders after I placed mine, and they received their order first. It makes me believe Pearl does not begin the production process in the order they receive them.

A Reference is an existing line. MW are uniquely one-off drum kits. In that regard MW should take longer than a Reference. Pearl Japan is making Pearl USA look bad. There should be more information provided from the factory.

7. Registered Loser

A Reference is an existing line. MW are uniquely one-off drum kits. In that regard MW should take longer than a Reference.
    I'm not hip to Pearl's manufacturing or business practices, but there are reasons a MW could be out the door sooner. Big dollar buyers get preferential treatment in just about any business, one perk generally being speedier results. And MW could have a dedicated facility/team who work on nothing but MW kits, whereas the 'off-the-shelf' kits are bogged down in general production lines.

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    I'm not hip to Pearl's manufacturing or business practices, but there are reasons a MW could be out the door sooner. Big dollar buyers get preferential treatment in just about any business, one perk generally being speedier results. And MW could have a dedicated facility/team who work on nothing but MW kits, whereas the 'off-the-shelf' kits are bogged down in general production lines.
    I agree. I am a big dollar buyer as you say. A 12 piece Reference is not cheap. It took me 10 years to save for this kit. I did that so I could pay for it all at once with no financing. Additionally, I wanted everything made all at once to keep the quality, color, and consistency the same for the entire kit.

9. Unban nik12

I agree. I am a big dollar buyer as you say. A 12 piece Reference is not cheap. It took me 10 years to save for this kit. I did that so I could pay for it all at once with no financing. Additionally, I wanted everything made all at once to keep the quality, color, and consistency the same for the entire kit.
    I think it comes down to the facility and everything. The Masterworks are completely handmade to order in their own facility, but the Reference series are still mass produced drums. For special orders, they have to halt production on the standard drums and then make way for your kit, which is also probably why you've already received your 6" tom. All that said, 12 pieces are a lot to construct, paint, assemble, shipped overseas, etc. I waited almost 9 months for my Starclassic Maple. I know your timeline is about the same at this point and I'm sorry you're still waiting. For what it's worth, the wait will be made completely worthwhile once you get the chance to unbox them!
    Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

Selling a minty 14x6.5 Ian Paice Signature Snare! DM for info!

10. Registered Loser

Big dolla buyer in quantity, sure. But the MW is special, prestigious big dolla and Refs are just fancy production drums. I mean, it's like the difference between spending $3MM on 25 Benzes or 1 Koenigsegg (or Bugatti, if you want more mainstream); only one of those is going to drop boxer briefs.