Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Looking for advice on sell price

I saw the rules where this forum does not allow "for sale" posts. I am not trying to do that. I am looking to sell my Masterworks kit and get something new. However, I have no idea how to price it and there are very few comparable kits on the web. Is anyone able to help me out? I appreciate any info. If this needs to be handled over PM, thats fine too. I don't want to get banned or anything, just get advice. Thanks again.

https://i.imgur.com/uDtB7Id.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5KWBBoA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4zqpZEc.jpg

Golden Ratio air vents. Maple shells, 45* bearing edge. Chrome die-cast hoops. BRL lugs. Blue stain with clear coat.

10x8 RT, 12x9 RT, 14x14 FT, 16x16 FT, 18x22 BD
    Last edited by adrenilinecrash; 04-20-2021 at 09:23 AM.

2. FKA Tasty808

Pictures and specs required.

Welcome to the Pearl Drummers Forum.

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post
    Pictures and specs required.

Welcome to the Pearl Drummers Forum.
    I didn't want to put too much info and have it cross into attempted sale. Thats why I put that people could PM me. I'll add some pics. Added info to main post.

4. Registered User

Really tough to tell without pictures - I know I'd prefer to just see them than have the extra step. Plus we get to see Masterworks drums
    Ludwig WMP Concert Toms: 6/8/10/12/13/14/15/16/18/20/24, 15" custom snare. Zildjian.

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Healthie View Post
    Really tough to tell without pictures - I know I'd prefer to just see them than have the extra step. Plus we get to see Masterworks drums
    There are pics added to the original post, boss. :-) I can take more if needed.

6. FKA Tasty808

Pretty standard sizes, shell make-up, and finish. It’s essentially a Masters kit with Reference series lugs. It still has Masters series floor Tom legs and Optimounts as well. Are the spurs the SP-30’s or the SP-300’s?

I’d say for just the shells, no snare, about $2,000. Someone might pay more just to say they have a Masterworks kit, but there’s nothing really custom about it.

Did you buy used or put the kit together yourself?

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post
    Pretty standard sizes, shell make-up, and finish. Itís essentially a Masters kit with Reference series lugs. It still has Masters series floor Tom legs and Optimounts as well. Are the spurs the SP-30ís or the SP-300ís?

Iíd say for just the shells, no snare, about $2,000. Someone might pay more just to say they have a Masterworks kit, but thereís nothing really custom about it.

Did you buy used or put the kit together yourself?
    That hurts my soul haha. I bought it used 5 years ago for $3800

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by adrenilinecrash View Post
    That hurts my soul haha. I bought it used 5 years ago for $3800
    High end drums are a very niche market. Lots of options out there for not a lot of buyers, and a custom kit like a Masterworks makes it that much harder.

You could get more, but it's going to take awhile to sell these things. If I were in your spot, I'd list between $2,500-$3,000 depending on how quickly I needed to sell them and just wait. I would expect market price to be somewhere between $2,000-$2,500 tops though.

9. Registered User

I appreciate your and Josh input and welcome anyone else.

10. Registered User

I would definitely list it for something like 2950 or so with the ability for potential buyers to place an offer. I agree with everyone else about this kit though, no offense for sure, but it's a pretty standard kit and if you were hoping to get close to what you paid - that's not too far from the cost of a brand new fully custom Masterworks kit.
    Shadeland on Facebook | My Youtube Channel

Red Sparkle Haloflake Masterworks - 10x7|12x8|16x14|22x16|14x7.5
    Pearl Masters MCX - 10x8|12x8|16x14|22x16|14x6.5 Pearl Tico Torres FF
    OLD - Pearl Reference Shimmer of Oz | Tama Starclassic B/B Lava Glass Glitter | Gretsch Renown