• Purple Bubinga Fade with Purple on the batter side

4 12.50%
  • Purple Black Limba Fade with Purple on the reso side

1 3.13%
  • Purple Bubinga Fade with Purple on the reso side

9 28.13%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Music Lover

I am partial to blue, so I picked Blue Burst, etc. Peace and goodwill.
    Mark Wellman ><>

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Mapex Saturn (snare, bass drum, and toms); Mapex MPX (snare); Sabian AA, AAX, and SR2 ; Evans ; LA Backbeat

Church Drummers Army

2. Registered User

9 votes for the Scuba Limba combo propelling it into the lead. Although the variations of the purple finish collectively, have more votes. This is really difficult. I appreciate the discussion and participation.

3. Miles Gibbons

I'd choose scuba blue for sure. I'd also be down for a purple-blue fade, but the purple-amber is not my thing.
    "I'm gonna sleep outside... it's like Earth here, except less pollution, and more moons"

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    9 votes for the Scuba Limba combo propelling it into the lead. Although the variations of the purple finish collectively, have more votes. This is really difficult. I appreciate the discussion and participation.
    I think the purple fade with chrome hardware would look amazing. I think the blue fade with dark hardware will look really similar to deep water burl on the mapex saturn, which is nice, buuuuut that purple fade would be better.

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by keaton_86 View Post
    I think the purple fade with chrome hardware would look amazing. I think the blue fade with dark hardware will look really similar to deep water burl on the mapex saturn, which is nice, buuuuut that purple fade would be better.
    I'm ever so slightly favoring the purple finishes but not by a large margin at all. I hear you about the chrome hw but I'm nearly certain that black nickel will look great with this finish too.

6. PDF FF Champion 2014

Blue is the best color

7. PEARL EXX

I choose (Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder) 1

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    Agreed. As someone who much prefers wraps, even I think the tangerine/purple combo is freaking killer. Purple on the batter side, tangerine on reso; like a flame burning blue at the top.

I also like the limba a lot more than the bubinga. I’ve seen the bubinga too many times.
    Thanks man, I feel like it's a good sign when someone who would otherwise prefer a wrap, would make a comment like yours. It's funny you mention the flame analogy because I thought the exact same thing. It could work with the purple on the reso too, most as though the drummer is shooting fireballs out from the reso side hahaha.

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MilesAway View Post
    I'd choose scuba blue for sure. I'd also be down for a purple-blue fade, but the purple-amber is not my thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    Blue is the best color
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumolator View Post
    I am partial to blue, so I picked Blue Burst, etc. Peace and goodwill.
    I like Blue too and this finish looks great in person. This was my original idea and it still may prevail.

10. Registered User

The other obvious answer is to do a jelly bean kit with all the finishes. I'm joking

11. Registered User

Definitely Scuba Blue over Black Limba. Go with black nickel hardware on that kit. It'd look fine as hell.

12. Away From The World

Great options Jamie, I chose natural/purple over bubinga. They are all nice finishes but there was just something about purple..

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post
    I considered what kick drum hoops I’d want facing out the most. In this case, I think it’d look the coolest with the fully finished purple hoops facing out over a white reso head. I went with the purple bubinga fade with the purple on the reso side.
    I was leaning towards purple on the batter side until considering the bass drum as you did, I would want the purple out front. Can I have that and purple on the batter side for the toms?

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.