Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 25

Thread: Natal Drums

  1. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    79

    Default Natal Drums

    Are there any Natal players out here? I recently got a Natal Maple kit in silver sparkle last September. I haven't completely set it up yet , however I have re headed the toms and these drums sound really good for what I paid for them. I am planning on getting them all set up this week if time allows and getting them photographed. if you are out there and play Natal, post your pics.

  2. PDF Renaissance man!

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    I won't bore you with them here, but there's plenty here:
    https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...tal+Cafe+Racer

    And even more here! https://www.charliesmithdrummer.com

    Name:  IMG_4328.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  82.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_4331.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  97.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_4329.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  90.5 KB
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier, Arbiter Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, PREMIER, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

    Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

    5 Kits and 11 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

  3. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    I won't bore you with them here, but there's plenty here:
    https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...tal+Cafe+Racer

    And even more here! https://www.charliesmithdrummer.com

    Name:  IMG_4328.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  82.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_4331.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  97.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_4329.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  90.5 KB
    Nice looking set of drums, are those the tulip shells or maple??? Love that green sparkle and they do lacquer sparkles

  4. A Passion Play ...

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sacramento CA.
    Posts
    5,663

    Default

    Hey cuz. Natal makes quality drums. Might want to hang onto
    them for a while. Anyhoo, Nice rig RD 24. Nifty setup too.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

  5. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Hey cuz. Natal makes quality drums. Might want to hang onto
    them for a while. Anyhoo, Nice rig RD 24. Nifty setup too.

    Yeah, I like mine, I have the maple shells in silver sparkle, 10/12/16/22 14 floor is on back order I am surprised more people are not playing them, I am very pleased with this kit. I finally got my sakae kit sounding good with coated ambassadors, I am glad I kept it

  6. PDF Renaissance man!

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cuznred View Post
    Nice looking set of drums, are those the tulip shells or maple??? Love that green sparkle and they do lacquer sparkles
    Those are tulip, but I've owned both maple and walnut kits too, and still have a Maple snare and one of the Purestave Walnut snares.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier, Arbiter Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, PREMIER, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

    Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

    5 Kits and 11 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

  7. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    Those are tulip, but I've owned both maple and walnut kits too, and still have a Maple snare and one of the Purestave Walnut snares.
    a friend of mine played the walnut kit at the namm show in 2019 and said they sounded pristine

  8. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Name:  natal  2.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  103.3 KB

  9. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    I won't bore you with them here, but there's plenty here:
    https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...tal+Cafe+Racer

    And even more here! https://www.charliesmithdrummer.com

    Name:  IMG_4328.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  82.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_4331.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  97.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_4329.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  90.5 KB
    How did you like the Walnut kit? How would you describe the tone and attack?

  10. PDF Renaissance man!

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cuznred View Post
    How did you like the Walnut kit? How would you describe the tone and attack?
    Darker and more thuddy, the maples are brighter with a nice warmth and attack, and the Tulipwood has a very retro, 60's sound, almost like the old Maple/Poplar shells of the old days, they just have that lovely tubby, warm tom tones.

    A drummer friend, Dave Major, just took delivery of a walnut kit and did a wonderful sound file on his YouTube...

    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier, Arbiter Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, PREMIER, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

    Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

    5 Kits and 11 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

  11. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    Darker and more thuddy, the maples are brighter with a nice warmth and attack, and the Tulipwood has a very retro, 60's sound, almost like the old Maple/Poplar shells of the old days, they just have that lovely tubby, warm tom tones.

    A drummer friend, Dave Major, just took delivery of a walnut kit and did a wonderful sound file on his YouTube...

    WOW! I just emailed my drum shop guy to get a quote on a 6 pc walnut kit..... Those sound great

  12. Registered User

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Berlin - Germany
    Posts
    2,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cuznred View Post
    WOW! I just emailed my drum shop guy to get a quote on a 6 pc walnut kit..... Those sound great
    Your drum shop guy must drive a rolls royce by now.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •