1. Comrade Tim

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Of course you have.
    Debating =/= doing.

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

2. FKA Tasty808

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    Nice...I have a firecracker off to my left on my kit but I've been debating on something different or "upgrading" it some....
    Nice. Is it steel or wood?

Iíve been using my Aluminum Sensitone for my main snare cranked medium tight. If I have a side snare, lately Iíve been going with something like a 14Ēx8Ē tuned low and fat with jingles.

I DID just pick up a Mangini snare that will be getting a bit of love soon. It came without the Opti (I ordered one right away), but thatís more than likely why I got such a good deal on it at just under $240. Itís also the first Pearl drum Iíve owned that has the Ref. Pure lugs. Iíd never even seen them in person until it arrived.

3. Comrade Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post
    Nice. Is it steel or wood?

I’ve been using my Aluminum Sensitone for my main snare cranked medium tight. If I have a side snare, lately I’ve been going with something like a 14”x8” tuned low and fat with jingles.

I DID just pick up a Mangini snare that will be getting a bit of love soon. It came without the Opti (I ordered one right away), but that’s more than likely why I got such a good deal on it at just under $240. It’s also the first Pearl drum I’ve owned that has the Ref. Pure lugs. I’d never even seen them in person until it arrived.
    It’s wood. I’m not a huge fan of steel (or any metal really) drums. Just my preference. I got a deal on the fc so couldn’t say no. It’s cranked and sounds super tight.

Kit Pix

4. FKA Tasty808

It’s wood. I’m not a huge fan of steel (or any metal really) drums. Just my preference. I got a deal on the fc so couldn’t say no. It’s cranked and sounds super tight.
    That’s fair. I’m a huge fan of my aluminum Sensitone, but if I’m not using that, I prefer maple.

5. Comrade Tim

That’s fair. I’m a huge fan of my aluminum Sensitone, but if I’m not using that, I prefer maple.
    I had a beaded black brass Sensitone 14x5.5 that is the only metal snare I ever really liked. Regret selling it tbh.

Kit Pix

6. FKA Tasty808

I had a beaded black brass Sensitone 14x5.5 that is the only metal snare I ever really liked. Regret selling it tbh.
    Have you played one of the aluminum?

My first Pearl snare was the 14”x6.5” Limited Edition Black on Brass (leftover 1.5mm Steve Ferone Sig.) snare. It used to have satin hardware, but that was put on a Session Studio Select in Black Halo to match my other kit. The LE BoB now has all chrome parts again but has been upgraded with Mastercast hoops and the new SR-150 Click Lock strainer.

Name:  9650EB49-4689-40FD-8436-A699F1273819.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  68.9 KB

Name:  7551D79D-5FC5-47A6-9CD5-F81E276B9327.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  56.9 KB

Name:  438E449A-B13C-4105-B2FC-1EF63038B12F.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  74.7 KB

7. Drumming Since 1943

Halo+Satin HW= Pure WIN.
    Way Too Much Crap

8. Comrade Tim

Have you played one of the aluminum?

My first Pearl snare was the 14”x6.5” Limited Edition Black on Brass (leftover 1.5mm Steve Ferone Sig.) snare. It used to have satin hardware, but that was put on a Session Studio Select in Black Halo to match my other kit. The LE BoB now has all chrome parts again but has been upgraded with Mastercast hoops and the new SR-150 Click Lock strainer.

Name:  9650EB49-4689-40FD-8436-A699F1273819.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  68.9 KB

Name:  7551D79D-5FC5-47A6-9CD5-F81E276B9327.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  56.9 KB

Name:  438E449A-B13C-4105-B2FC-1EF63038B12F.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  74.7 KB
    I haven’t…ever since switching to a 13x7 Black Panther Blaster back when I briefly played Mapex, and the subsequent Masterworks snare I had made (also 13x7). I’ve been pretty much locked into wood. I probably should have at least one metal snare in my library for recording tho…can never have too many voices….

Kit Pix

9. FKA Tasty808

…can never have too many voices….
    Lol, with over 20 snares (assembled anyway) I can totally agree with that!!!