Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. FKA Tasty808

Default Cleaning up the drum space...

I finally got around to building my new snare display rack. Now I have two to store my collection. I put some red casters on the IKEA cube shelves just behind my kit. I still need a nice way to store my cymbals and extra drums from my shell bank, but Im making some progress. Everything thrown along the side of the ping pong table is going to be listed and sold. I also have my vintage Gretsch kit that needs to go... I think some strong, wall mounted shelves are in order for the cymbals and extra drums.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

2. FKA Tasty808

Stacks of hi hats... I have a ton and love my 16s, but i think 15 is the sweet spot for hi hats...
    Attached Images Attached Images    

3. The Sensitone Guy

Your storage and practice area looks great! No issues whatsoever.

Your place is light years ahead of mine. We are still in the midst of a move. Boxes everywhere! No drum space! Just today I set up a small practice kit in a 1950's era underground fallout shelter. It's 8' x 12'. It's cold, damp and looks like a Turkish prison cell. But... I can play day or night to my heart's content without disturbing anyone.

4. 2-time PDF FFL CHAMP

Very nice set up! Are those snare racks the Proline versions? If so how do you like them? Definitely considered one myself.
    22x18 (2) | 10x7 | 12x8 | 16x16 | 18x16

22x18 (2) | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x11 | 16x13

Quote Originally Posted by Maark View Post
    What happens when the Unstoppable Banhammer meets the Immovable Alan12? I think the universe would implode.
    Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    yeah, but I'm the Jeff that Jeff talks about when he talks about "the Jeff" to other Jeffs.

5. FKA Tasty808

Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
    Your storage and practice area looks great! No issues whatsoever.

Your place is light years ahead of mine. We are still in the midst of a move. Boxes everywhere! No drum space! Just today I set up a small practice kit in a 1950's era underground fallout shelter. It's 8' x 12'. It's cold, damp and looks like a Turkish prison cell. But... I can play day or night to my heart's content without disturbing anyone.
    Oh man! I would love to be able to play whenever I wanted! My little girl will be four months on the 21st and I’ve played maybe three times since we’ve brought her home... I miss my drums but its worth it.

I was fortunate enough that we moved just before lock down, so my wife and I used that time to finish unpacking, play ping pong, cook, watch tv/movies, and make a baby...

Quote Originally Posted by Alan12 View Post
    Very nice set up! Are those snare racks the Proline versions? If so how do you like them? Definitely considered one myself.
    Thanks! They are and they’re just okay. I had one for the longest time that i picked up when my closest Guitar Center accidentally listed them for $19. I wasn’t even trying to get one, but when I saw the price, I jumped on it. I had the first one for a few years and finally got another out of necessity.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Snare-Utili....m46890.l49292

If you follow this item on eBay, they will eventually offer you a decent deal. I paid $74.99 for the second one.

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post
    I finally got around to building my new snare display rack. Now I have two to store my collection. I put some red casters on the IKEA cube shelves just behind my kit. I still need a nice way to store my cymbals and extra drums from my shell bank, but I’m making some progress. Everything thrown along the side of the ping pong table is going to be listed and sold. I also have my vintage Gretsch kit that needs to go... I think some strong, wall mounted shelves are in order for the cymbals and extra drums.
    That's a nice drum space, what is that kit you have stacked in the distance?

7. 2-time PDF FFL CHAMP

Thanks! They are and they’re just okay. I had one for the longest time that i picked up when my closest Guitar Center accidentally listed them for $19. I wasn’t even trying to get one, but when I saw the price, I jumped on it. I had the first one for a few years and finally got another out of necessity.

If you follow this item on eBay, they will eventually offer you a decent deal. I paid $74.99 for the second one.
    Ayeee, another solid score! And I’ll definitely have to check into that, appreciate the heads up.

What happens when the Unstoppable Banhammer meets the Immovable Alan12? I think the universe would implode.
    yeah, but I'm the Jeff that Jeff talks about when he talks about "the Jeff" to other Jeffs.

8. Registered User

drooling over here ...
    Quote Originally Posted by dexplosion View Post
    Boom stands are for sissies.

9. The Sensitone Guy

Oh man! I would love to be able to play whenever I wanted! My little girl will be four months on the 21st and I’ve played maybe three times since we’ve brought her home... I miss my drums but its worth it.

I was fortunate enough that we moved just before lock down, so my wife and I used that time to finish unpacking, play ping pong, cook, watch tv/movies, and make a baby...

Here's my (temporary) practice room. It ain't pretty!
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  59.4 KB
Views: 308
Size:  89.0 KB

10. Drumming Since 1943

WTF? Is that a missile silo?
    Way Too Much Crap

11. 2-time PDF FFL CHAMP

I’m going deaf just looking at these pictures, LOLOL

But that is sick though!

12. FKA Tasty808

Ayeee, another solid score! And I’ll definitely have to check into that, appreciate the heads up.
    Of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Snakes&Arrows View Post
    drooling over here ...
    Lol, thanks man!

Holy cow! Not sure I could do that though... I’m pretty claustrophobic.

I’m going deaf just looking at these pictures, LOLOL

But that is sick though!
    Right?! I didn’t even consider how loud it’d be in that small space.