Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
    Cuznred is good people. Never had a problem with his opinions or his humor. I have a thicker skin than most. It pretty much takes a poison tipped nuclear bomb aimed at my mid section to get me angry. Same goes for the rest of you guys. It's only drums.
    Thanks for the kind words, looking back I wish I kept my mouth shut. I am not gonna add fuel to the fire, I can only hope this eventually dies out.

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by cuznred View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, looking back I wish I kept my mouth shut. I am not gonna add fuel to the fire, I can only hope this eventually dies out.
    “I’m sorry people didn’t like my defense of racism. I hope everyone forgets about it so I can continue to be an unrepentant a-hole in peace.”
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

3. Registered User

Just because we all share a common love of drums doesn’t mean we have to be friends with, or even put up with everyone else in the name of our hobby. If someone makes known their grossest leanings we don’t have to forgive them because it doesn’t have anything to do with drums. It’s no different than if we found out someone beat their wife. We wouldn’t just say we hoped he learned his lesson and then ask what heads he uses. Wrong is wrong, and we don’t have to lower ourselves because this is an online community with lower personal stakes.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

4. Usurper Title

A) That DGP was ballin'.
    B ) I feel like 2+ is entirely too many angry, racist people for a small drummers' forum (really anything more than 0 is an issue).
    C) I must have missed something, because I thought Cuznred was the member who always had a huge turnover of high-end kits in his search for the one?

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    A) That DGP was ballin'.
    B ) I feel like 2+ is entirely too many angry, racist people for a small drummers' forum (really anything more than 0 is an issue).
    C) I must have missed something, because I thought Cuznred was the member who always had a huge turnover of high-end kits in his search for the one?
    Nope, that's him. He deleted his account and then made a new one.

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    “I’m sorry people didn’t like my defense of racism. I hope everyone forgets about it so I can continue to be an unrepentant a-hole in peace.”
    Jesus ****ing Christ dude, let it the **** go you made your point over and over again. I don't want to be your friend anyhow.

7. old dog, new tricks

Just because we all share a common love of drums doesn’t mean we have to be friends with, or even put up with everyone else in the name of our hobby. If someone makes known their grossest leanings we don’t have to forgive them because it doesn’t have anything to do with drums. It’s no different than if we found out someone beat their wife. We wouldn’t just say we hoped he learned his lesson and then ask what heads he uses. Wrong is wrong, and we don’t have to lower ourselves because this is an online community with lower personal stakes.
    I love these posts so much I had to log-in just to support them. And believe me, I'll never let him forget it as long as I keep browsing this place, infrequent as it may be at times. I'm glad he spouted off because it lets me know who the enemy is, especially when the only remorse they show is that they got caught and called out.

At least Sticks showed some change of heart and is coming around to being a better person.
    “You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” - Harlan Ellison

link below for my kit build thread

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    I love these posts so much I had to log-in just to support them. And believe me, I'll never let him forget it as long as I keep browsing this place, infrequent as it may be at times. I'm glad he spouted off because it lets me know who the enemy is, especially when the only remorse they show is that they got caught and called out.

At least Sticks showed some change of heart and is coming around to being a better person.
    LOL, the enemy..... you are so dramatic. Do you ****ing hear yourself? Do us a favor and remain in Canada

9. FKA Tasty808

... if we found out someone beat their wife. We wouldn’t just say we hoped he learned his lesson and then ask what heads he uses. Wrong is wrong...
    Love this example.

This is the truth! Sticks basically said he valued his son’s opinion, never really considered another view, and needed to reflect. Honestly, that’s a huge thing to admit to in life and I have mad respect for him because of it.

10. The Hardware Guy

This ^

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

11. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Boom.

12. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

For those who follow baseball, the Phillies are going through just that as he beat his girlfriend a couple of years ago and is now in spring training trying out for a roster spot after his suspension.

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2021/0...ra-column.html

People can change. I’ve seen my grandpa do so simply by me bringing my black friends around. The problem is Cuzred doesn’t believe he has said anything wrong and refuses to learn anything from it. He finds it simply as having political differences.