Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 83
  1. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
    Cuznred is good people. Never had a problem with his opinions or his humor. I have a thicker skin than most. It pretty much takes a poison tipped nuclear bomb aimed at my mid section to get me angry. Same goes for the rest of you guys. It's only drums.
    Thanks for the kind words, looking back I wish I kept my mouth shut. I am not gonna add fuel to the fire, I can only hope this eventually dies out.

  2. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cuznred View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, looking back I wish I kept my mouth shut. I am not gonna add fuel to the fire, I can only hope this eventually dies out.
    “I’m sorry people didn’t like my defense of racism. I hope everyone forgets about it so I can continue to be an unrepentant a-hole in peace.”
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"



    "Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

  3. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,331

    Default

    Just because we all share a common love of drums doesn’t mean we have to be friends with, or even put up with everyone else in the name of our hobby. If someone makes known their grossest leanings we don’t have to forgive them because it doesn’t have anything to do with drums. It’s no different than if we found out someone beat their wife. We wouldn’t just say we hoped he learned his lesson and then ask what heads he uses. Wrong is wrong, and we don’t have to lower ourselves because this is an online community with lower personal stakes.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"



    "Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

  4. Usurper Title

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    A) That DGP was ballin'.
    B ) I feel like 2+ is entirely too many angry, racist people for a small drummers' forum (really anything more than 0 is an issue).
    C) I must have missed something, because I thought Cuznred was the member who always had a huge turnover of high-end kits in his search for the one?

  5. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Posts
    2,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    A) That DGP was ballin'.
    B ) I feel like 2+ is entirely too many angry, racist people for a small drummers' forum (really anything more than 0 is an issue).
    C) I must have missed something, because I thought Cuznred was the member who always had a huge turnover of high-end kits in his search for the one?
    Nope, that's him. He deleted his account and then made a new one.

  6. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    “I’m sorry people didn’t like my defense of racism. I hope everyone forgets about it so I can continue to be an unrepentant a-hole in peace.”
    Jesus ****ing Christ dude, let it the **** go you made your point over and over again. I don't want to be your friend anyhow.

  7. old dog, new tricks

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lower Mainland of BC
    Posts
    16,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    “I’m sorry people didn’t like my defense of racism. I hope everyone forgets about it so I can continue to be an unrepentant a-hole in peace.”
    Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    Just because we all share a common love of drums doesn’t mean we have to be friends with, or even put up with everyone else in the name of our hobby. If someone makes known their grossest leanings we don’t have to forgive them because it doesn’t have anything to do with drums. It’s no different than if we found out someone beat their wife. We wouldn’t just say we hoped he learned his lesson and then ask what heads he uses. Wrong is wrong, and we don’t have to lower ourselves because this is an online community with lower personal stakes.
    I love these posts so much I had to log-in just to support them. And believe me, I'll never let him forget it as long as I keep browsing this place, infrequent as it may be at times. I'm glad he spouted off because it lets me know who the enemy is, especially when the only remorse they show is that they got caught and called out.

    At least Sticks showed some change of heart and is coming around to being a better person.
    “You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” - Harlan Ellison

    link below for my kit build thread

    https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread

  8. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    I love these posts so much I had to log-in just to support them. And believe me, I'll never let him forget it as long as I keep browsing this place, infrequent as it may be at times. I'm glad he spouted off because it lets me know who the enemy is, especially when the only remorse they show is that they got caught and called out.

    At least Sticks showed some change of heart and is coming around to being a better person.
    LOL, the enemy..... you are so dramatic. Do you ****ing hear yourself? Do us a favor and remain in Canada

  9. FKA Tasty808

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    3,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    ... if we found out someone beat their wife. We wouldn’t just say we hoped he learned his lesson and then ask what heads he uses. Wrong is wrong...
    Love this example.

    Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    I love these posts so much I had to log-in just to support them. And believe me, I'll never let him forget it as long as I keep browsing this place, infrequent as it may be at times. I'm glad he spouted off because it lets me know who the enemy is, especially when the only remorse they show is that they got caught and called out.

    At least Sticks showed some change of heart and is coming around to being a better person.
    This is the truth! Sticks basically said he valued his son’s opinion, never really considered another view, and needed to reflect. Honestly, that’s a huge thing to admit to in life and I have mad respect for him because of it.

  10. The Hardware Guy

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London-ish
    Posts
    14,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    “I’m sorry people didn’t like my defense of racism. I hope everyone forgets about it so I can continue to be an unrepentant a-hole in peace.”
    This ^

    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

  11. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Jersey Shore & BKLYN
    Posts
    19,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    “I’m sorry people didn’t like my defense of racism. I hope everyone forgets about it so I can continue to be an unrepentant a-hole in peace.”
    Boom.

  12. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Jersey Shore & BKLYN
    Posts
    19,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    Just because we all share a common love of drums doesn’t mean we have to be friends with, or even put up with everyone else in the name of our hobby. If someone makes known their grossest leanings we don’t have to forgive them because it doesn’t have anything to do with drums. It’s no different than if we found out someone beat their wife. We wouldn’t just say we hoped he learned his lesson and then ask what heads he uses. Wrong is wrong, and we don’t have to lower ourselves because this is an online community with lower personal stakes.
    For those who follow baseball, the Phillies are going through just that as he beat his girlfriend a couple of years ago and is now in spring training trying out for a roster spot after his suspension.

    https://www.crossingbroad.com/2021/0...ra-column.html

    Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    I love these posts so much I had to log-in just to support them. And believe me, I'll never let him forget it as long as I keep browsing this place, infrequent as it may be at times. I'm glad he spouted off because it lets me know who the enemy is, especially when the only remorse they show is that they got caught and called out.

    At least Sticks showed some change of heart and is coming around to being a better person.
    People can change. I’ve seen my grandpa do so simply by me bringing my black friends around. The problem is Cuzred doesn’t believe he has said anything wrong and refuses to learn anything from it. He finds it simply as having political differences.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •