Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post
    Good Lord...

If I had all the money, this is what my shell bank would look like. The finish would be flat though. I love how a flat finish looks with shiny hardware.

Thanks for doing that, man!
    Not a problem, glad you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    This is one is really cool Silver. So is Firestorm Black Limba.
    Thanks Jamie, I normally don't like green finishes but this one turned out nice. The Firestorm is a classic yellow/red/black combo which always seems to work for some reason.

2. Registered User

This week some Bubinga. An amazing grain, but because it's a dark wood it's limited in terms of finish options. And for some reason gold hardware seems to work great with this veneer, as pictured below.

To be fair, I don't know if blue over Bubinga will look like that in real life. Would probably be a lot darker. I don't know if it's ever been done?
    Attached Images Attached Images     

3. Registered User

And I've already posted these finishes in another thread, but I figured they belong here as well.

4. Registered User

Continued from previous post:

5. Registered User

Some nice ones in there for sure. Sunset Fade is an interesting one, Mocha Fade and Walnut Fade are simple yet satisfying.

6. Pearl Corporation USA

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    And I've already posted these finishes in another thread, but I figured they belong here as well.
    I had a Masterworks snare & kit done in a similar finish as a Pearl MW team building project. It was black limba fade with black nickel hardware. I like your color description better.

Pearl USA | Nashville

7. Usurper Title

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    I've got a couple more from the collection. This time without any Artisan veneers, but all Maple with some nature-inspired finishes:
    Hot darn, those satin maple finishes awaken something in me. What you called Autumn Walk looks a little more like Macintosh Apple to me, though

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by drumfreek005 View Post
    Some nice ones in there for sure. Sunset Fade is an interesting one, Mocha Fade and Walnut Fade are simple yet satisfying.
    Thanks! Yeah I agree, brown fades have been done a lot but for a good reason. Especially when you apply them on a wood with a nice grain.

Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    I had a Masterworks snare & kit done in a similar finish as a Pearl MW team building project. It was black limba fade with black nickel hardware. I like your color description better.
    Thanks Al! I've seen that kit and it's badass! Great work and I love the Black Limba veneer more and more. Great addition to the Masterworks Artisan veneers!

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Hot darn, those satin maple finishes awaken something in me. What you called Autumn Walk looks a little more like Macintosh Apple to me, though
    Thank you, there is something special about a satin finish.

I've had to look it up and I can see the resemblance to the Macintosh logo but that wasn't the inspiration for that design. The 'Autumn Walk' doesn't include the purple and blue on the bottom though.
    Last edited by Silver; 04-02-2021 at 02:23 PM.

9. Registered User

This week a veneer that I don't see very often in Masterworks kits: Burl Mahogany. A really nice veneer, but I guess if you're going for a dark veneer most people will go for the Bubinga.

Most of these are Pearl finishes: #259 Chestnut Fade, #235 Concord Fade (although I used a burst) and #100 Wine Red.

10. Registered User

Because of the long Easter weekend, some extra finishes. These are fruit-inspired (honestly, the ***** you come up with )
    (Oh and yes, I had to Google it but Avocado is a fruit)
    Last edited by Silver; 04-05-2021 at 08:07 AM.

11. Registered User

Part 2:
    Last edited by Silver; 04-05-2021 at 08:08 AM.

12. FKA Tasty808

The Irwin Mango Burst looks incredible! You should edit the Pearl “Mastercast” Hoop stickers out since they don’t use them any more.

The Juicy Peach satin with Nickel is so classy!!!

Wouldn’t the Pineapple Sparkle be a fade instead of a burst?

I love this thread. It’s always exciting to see the combos you put together. Nice work!