Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. kottonmouth king

Default A2E trigger settings

Hey guys/girls

Iím in the process of converting my acoustic drum set to an electronic drum by switching my heads to mesh and using triggers, Iím at a stand still waiting for my cymbal and snare/Tom triggers but I have acquired a Roland kick trigger Iím tinkering around with in the meantime. Iím having some issues with the triggers settings and was hoping some of you could give me some advice based on experience with triggers....this is my first experience with them. It seems like the trigger isnít responding to the hit accurately, if I hit the mesh head harder than my standard hit the trigger gives off a different sound. Problem 2 is that the trigger isnít picking up every hit when using my double kick and Iím not sure which settings to use to fix that without losing something somewhere else, Iíve cranked the sensitivity but then Iím dealing with false triggering. Iím using single ply mesh heads and Headphones at the moment so Iím thinking issue 1 could be my headphones at the very least?

Iíve attached a photo of the kit and also I close up the trigger and itís placement
    Attached Images Attached Images   

"Smudge got her stitches out and so had to have a collar attached tofday." -Maark

2. Registered User

If you don't get much in the way of help here, I would suggest joining the vdrums forum. You're more likely to get the feedback you need over there.

3. kottonmouth king

Quote Originally Posted by drumfreek005 View Post
    If you don't get much in the way of help here, I would suggest joining the vdrums forum. You're more likely to get the feedback you need over there.
    Oh ya? Never heard of it, good idea though thanks man

"Smudge got her stitches out and so had to have a collar attached tofday." -Maark

4. old dog, new tricks

holy cow, it's Bass Brain! Blast from the past... how's the rack holding up?
    ďYou are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.Ē - Harlan Ellison

link below for my kit build thread

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread

5. FKA Tasty808

I don't see how headphones would have anything to do with false triggering or sensitivity issues...

I have seen a few videos where guys have put pillows or foam behind the mesh head to emulate the feel and response of a normal kick head. Mesh heads seem to have a little too much bounce for my taste even when tensioned low. The single ply mesh can easily cause double and triple triggering with no muffling.

6. Miles Gibbons

Muffle the bass drum. Less bounce\vibration in the head will give you more accurate triggering.

Look for a setting in your module called "Threshold," which is related to the minimum velocity required to trigger a note. Try lowering it, instead of raising sensitivity. Also look for "Retrigger," which rejects signals the brain thinks are falsely triggered. Try lowering this setting too.

As mentioned, this is most likely related to your single-ply mesh heads, and settings within the module. It has nothing to do with your headphones, or any audio output source.
    "I'm gonna sleep outside... it's like Earth here, except less pollution, and more moons"

7. kottonmouth king

Hey Jeff

Still got the rack! I’m actually planning on incorporating it into this kit with some cable guides or even drill some holes to hide cables completely. That build your doing looks boss man great work

8. kottonmouth king

I was thinking the headphones weren’t good enough causing some of my hits to cause a different sound, I’m no trigger expert but I guess I would call it a latency issue?

9. kottonmouth king

Ok I will play around with those settings, but I’m going to start with the muffling for sure

Thanks guys I’ll keep ya updated!

10. kottonmouth king

It’s been so long I forgot how to reply with quote!