Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new stuff

1. Registered User

Default new stuff

The natal kit pictured isn't mine, still setting that one up and waiting on a 14 inch floor tom
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. Registered User

what would I change about the DW kit? The tom sizes, I don't know what possessed me to order 10x9 and 12x10, they are too deep for my liking. I wish I got 10x8 and 12x9. Overall the kit sounds good, but in my opinion not good enough to justify the cost. These are collectors Birch shells. If I went Dw again, they would be maple.

3. Registered User

The Natal kit was a surprise. I got it on a whim, my buddy who owns a drum shop in NH got it on a special covid deal as they were trying to clear out their warehouse. I got a silver sparkle maple kit 10/12/16/22 for 1500.00 I hope I can eventually get the 14x14. These drums sound fantastic for the price, the toms resonate better than any kit I have ever had. I will advise when I get the kick drum rigged up, but I have no doubt that it's gonna kill it

4. Registered User

Welcome back.

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HPD260 View Post
    Welcome back.
    Thanks! Not doing too much kit buying with all this covid going on. I am thinking of downsizing more and having just 2 good kits 3 at the most. I am thinking about parting with my Sakae Almighty Birch if I can get anything for it, and my my 2 stage custom kits and getting a DW standard maple set 10/12/14/22 kick for gigs if they ever come back. Name:  sak 1.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  71.1 KB

6. The Sensitone Guy

The Sakae kit is (for all intents and purposes) a Yamaha Recording Custom. If I were you, I'd keep it.

As for your angst about buying the 9x10 and 10x12 toms instead of the shorter ones... when all is said and done, it really doesn't matter. Both tom sizes will sound pretty much the same. I have a slight preference for the deeper ones. To my ear they sound a tiny bit better and look cooler. I'm tall so towering rack toms over a big bass drum are no problemo.

By the way, welcome back. You are an integral component of forum and a genuinely good dude.

7. Registered User

Name:  sakae.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  83.1 KB

8. old dog, new tricks

so apparently calling a flaming racist a racist is somehow worth removing my post. Just shows how big a snowflake crybaby most right wingers are. Waaaaaahhhhhh, he called me a racist, I'm telling the mods. Cry about this post too and have it removed, Karen. I'll just post another one because I'm not breaking any rules.
    “You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” - Harlan Ellison

link below for my kit build thread

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    so apparently calling a flaming racist a racist is somehow worth removing my post. Just shows how big a snowflake crybaby most right wingers are. Waaaaaahhhhhh, he called me a racist, I'm telling the mods. Cry about this post too and have it removed, Karen. I'll just post another one because I'm not breaking any rules.
    Sounds to me like you are the one crying now, I copied a song for you. Just so you know, this isn't "your" forum. It's also not just a forum for liberal democrats to vomit their political correctness. According to you people, everyone is a racist. Enjoy the tune.

https://youtu.be/2q4RwTIkYk0

10. Registered User

Well this lasted about as long as I expected it to.

11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HPD260 View Post
    Well this lasted about as long as I expected it to.
    Talk to Snowflake Jeff about it, I didn't start this.

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by cuznred View Post
    Talk to Snowflake Jeff about it, I didn't start this.
    Perhaps not, but you are continuing it.

You made your bed, and the comments in that thread are still around for people to see, so you have to live with the consequences. Want things to be different? Ignore those that are calling you out and baiting you into an argument. There's even a built-in feature in the forum for it.