Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. The Hardware Guy

Damn, good for you Dylan! I'll be waiting a while for mine over here - I don't know how they're rolling it out in the US, but here in the UK you're age-banded, and it's given to the most vulnerable in that banding first, starting with the elderly and those in care homes, as well as healthcare staff. So I'm pretty much bottom of the queue. But good for you (and your wife, Al)

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

2. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    Damn, good for you Dylan! I'll be waiting a while for mine over here - I don't know how they're rolling it out in the US, but here in the UK you're age-banded, and it's given to the most vulnerable in that banding first, starting with the elderly and those in care homes, as well as healthcare staff. So I'm pretty much bottom of the queue. But good for you (and your wife, Al)
    Thanks Matt.

The day after was rough. Felt like pure garbage. And the injection site felt like someone flung a 22” Power Bell ride at my upper right arm. Feeling better though. Due for my second booster shot on 2/6- 2 days before my 50th.
    Way Too Much Crap

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Thanks Matt.

The day after was rough. Felt like pure garbage. And the injection site felt like someone flung a 22” Power Bell ride at my upper right arm. Feeling better though. Due for my second booster shot on 2/6- 2 days before my 50th.
    My wife said the same about her arm. She said she's never had an injection site hurt so badly afterward. It lasted about 48 hours for her.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

4. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    My wife said the same about her arm. She said she's never had an injection site hurt so badly afterward. It lasted about 48 hours for her.
    Funny thing is that the injection itself was literally nothing. Didn’t even feel the needle go in. Long but thin.
    Way Too Much Crap

5. Registered User

Funny thing is that the injection itself was literally nothing. Didn’t even feel the needle go in. Long but thin.
    It's wild how good nurses have become at giving shots. Same with finger sticks to draw blood. I haven't felt one in years.

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

6. FKA Tasty808

...the injection site felt like someone flung a 22” Power Bell ride at my upper right arm.
    My wife said the same about her arm.
    Dude... there's no WAY your wife said anything about a 22" Power Bell ride...

;p

7. old dog, new tricks

sorry, I can't past the picture of a guy wearing a thumb ring. 2021 is already ruined.
    “You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” - Harlan Ellison

link below for my kit build thread

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post
    Dude... there's no WAY your wife said anything about a 22" Power Bell ride...

;p
    Ha!

9. PDF FF Champion 2014

It's wild how good nurses have become at giving shots. Same with finger sticks to draw blood. I haven't felt one in years.
    I had the most delightful blood draw a year ago by a hospital phlebotomist. The guy was amazing at his job because if I hadn't watched him put the needle in, I may not have even known it was happening. If I could hire him anytime I donate blood, that would be great.