Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

• Home
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast
  1. Registered User

No updates to share but Tom indicated, when I asked several months ago, that my kit should be done this month. Does anyone know if they get updated as to the completion of an MW order? I can wait with the best of them and am not getting antsy, just curious.

2. FKA Tasty808

I hope you hear something soon!

I’ve been waiting just over six months for a kick drum that I special ordered back in January (the 25th)…
    It’s not a custom drum or anything, but its not sold here in the states, so I’m just trying to forget about it and have a happy surprise waiting for me one day.

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post
    I hope you hear something soon!

I’ve been waiting just over six months for a kick drum that I special ordered back in January (the 25th)…
    It’s not a custom drum or anything, but its not sold here in the states, so I’m just trying to forget about it and have a happy surprise waiting for me one day.
    Shipping is still a big problem. It took a year to get a small part for my dishwasher...

4. Registered User

So my kit eta is now late October early November...bummer

5. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    So my kit eta is now late October early November...bummer
    Shipping is taking longer than normal for sure. I ordered my new Tama Star Reserve snare on 3/25/21, and just received it today, just a few days shy of 6 months.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Reverb Listings ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay Auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE

6. Pearl Corporation USA

Everything coming from Taiwan / China, the Orient in general is slower because of COVID-19. To add to the fact, shipping containers can sit out in the pacific for 30-60 days before allowed to enter ports because of work slowdowns. Same for rails and truck transports. It's just super slow all around.

Pearl Corporation USA | Nashville

7. Away From The World

Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    Everything coming from Taiwan / China, the Orient in general is slower because of COVID-19. To add to the fact, shipping containers can sit out in the pacific for 30-60 days before allowed to enter ports because of work slowdowns. Same for rails and truck transports. It's just super slow all around.
    Too true Al, and for those of us further south some ships just 'sail' on by...

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    I read today, that items still in port in China and presumably Taiwan, will not reach the states before Christmas...

9. FKA Tasty808

Bummer dude. Sorry to hear that.

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post
    Bummer dude. Sorry to hear that.
    1st world problems for sure!

11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    I read today, that items still in port in China and presumably Taiwan, will not reach the states before Christmas...
    That's really too bad man. Must be frustrating to know your drums are made, ready to be played, only to be sitting in a shipping container for a couple of months it seems?!

Now I could be mistaken, but wasn't the reason why the Masterworks delivery-time got reduced was because they started to use airfreight instead of shipping containers? But now they're back to shipping via sea?
    I can vaguely remember reading something like that (possibly from Al?) a while back.

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    That's really too bad man. Must be frustrating to know your drums are made, ready to be played, only to be sitting in a shipping container for a couple of months it seems?!

Now I could be mistaken, but wasn't the reason why the Masterworks delivery-time got reduced was because they started to use airfreight instead of shipping containers? But now they're back to shipping via sea?
    I can vaguely remember reading something like that (possibly from Al?) a while back.
    I'm not sure where my drums are honestly. When I was told that they were delayed due to the global shipping issues we're dealing with and then read about current etas for goods still in Asia, I made an inference that my kit was likely involved. Maybe I'll be happily surprised but we're mid month and still crickets over here. No big deal, it just would have been nice to know at the end of the September, that my excitement was a tad premature.