Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

• Home
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast
  1. FKA Tasty808

Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    Should I make it a burst?
    I like bursts over fades any day of the week. They both have their pros and cons though. I think you can see more of each individual color on a fade. I like the lugs to come down to the same finish on each side of the shell like on a burst.

2. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

If you’re going to go with the purple fade, I think it should be a solid purple at the beginning of it, not seeing the veneer at one side and leading into the fade gradually showing the fade. The sample looks like it’s just a dusting of purple to begin with. What is it fading from?
    Last edited by dale w miller; 04-03-2021 at 06:56 AM.

3. Registered User

Don't think you can wrong with either of the violet finishes. Those two are definitely my favorites.

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post
    I think you can see more of each individual color on a fade.
    Yeah I agree with this and why I don't think a burst would be a good idea.

After looking at the pictures again, there could maybe be a bit more dark purple on the edge and maybe move the fade a little bit more towards the centre but those are nitpicky things.

Man just looking at this picture, everyone of these finishes would make an amazing drumkit! You're a lucky man for being the future owner of a Masterworks kit in one these finishes!

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    +1 for that, the bubinga grain looks superb behind it. Also a burst could look amazing as you've suggested!
    The Bubinga really does look great and even better in person. This photo captures the colors the best but still doesn't look as nice as it does in real life. I thought seriously about a burst, which I do typically prefer over fades but I think this combo works best as a fade. One thing I'm likely to ask Pearl to do, is execute the fade in an uneven way, so there isn't a two tone effect that I don't like about some fades. So, the purple will be higher or lower in spots going around the shell. The Limba isn't getting a lot of love so far but its not any easy decision for me. I like it a lot too.

Name:  20210402_182959.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  108.2 KB
    Last edited by j kuhl; 04-03-2021 at 08:45 AM.

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Alexandrov View Post
    +1
    I like it too.

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post
    I like bursts over fades any day of the week. They both have their pros and cons though. I think you can see more of each individual color on a fade. I like the lugs to come down to the same finish on each side of the shell like on a burst.
    I typically agree and for the reasons you stated but this one works best as a fade I believe.

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    If you’re going to go with the purple fade, I think it should be a solid purple at the beginning of it, not seeing the veneer at one side and leading into the fade gradually showing the fade. The sample looks like it’s just a dusting of purple to begin with. What is it fading from?
    I think I understand what you mean and agree I think. If the purple at the bearing edge isn't transparent it can be much more vibrant and create an even greater contrast. The color is supposed to be the natural gradient between oragne/tangerine and violet. Like this.

Name:  images.jpeg
Views: 80
Size:  2.3 KB

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by drumfreek005 View Post
    Don't think you can wrong with either of the violet finishes. Those two are definitely my favorites.
    Me too, thanks man. The limba is gorgeous imo.

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Yeah I agree with this and why I don't think a burst would be a good idea.

After looking at the pictures again, there could maybe be a bit more dark purple on the edge and maybe move the fade a little bit more towards the centre but those are nitpicky things.

Man just looking at this picture, everyone of these finishes would make an amazing drumkit! You're a lucky man for being the future owner of a Masterworks kit in one these finishes!
    Thanks to you and your assistance, all of these samples came out the way I envisioned them in my head. They do all look great and Pearl did an amazing job. Hopefully these will find a way into someone's future MW order. There will be some nitpick details to iron out but this thing is nearly a wrap!

11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MitchLyons View Post
    I like the fade personally, but I’m sure a burst would look great too. I don’t think you can go wrong either way! I love the contrast of the orange and purple though.
    We totally agree Mitch.

Thanks to everyone for giving your feedback and opinions, they're really helpful.

12. Unban nik12

We totally agree Mitch.

Thanks to everyone for giving your feedback and opinions, they're really helpful.
    The only thing I would keep in mind is that Pearl will usually invert the fade orientation on the bass drum unless you request it to match; the toms would have the Violet on the batter side but the kick would have it on the resonant side. I think doing the natural on the batter sides of all the drums and fading into the violet on the resonant side would be very cool and would look the most uniform. Some people like the inverted fade on bass drums though!
    Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple