Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

  • Home
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 97 to 108 of 219
  1. Masterworks Addict

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    8,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrumandFly View Post
    Wait. They are doing 90 day MW deliveries now?
    Per my last 3 orders placed with Pearl for Masterworks items, one being a full kit and the other two being add-ons to an existing kit, yes.

  2. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    md
    Posts
    4,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Yes, I'm Dutch. I live in the other northern province of Friesland. Groningen is a nice city, lot of college students from all over the country (and internationally). Glad you (and your daughter) had a nice time there.





    That's looking really good! Thank you!! I go back and forth between the natural and tangerine section. If you're up to it, could you apply these two to black limba and Tamo as well?

    Do you ever go to Scheveningen? My Dutch friends used to tell me that, that word, was a good test to see how good your pronunciation was hahaha. I thought is was a great beach, its probably way different since my visit.

  3. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    md
    Posts
    4,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MWRushR40 View Post
    Per my last 3 orders placed with Pearl for Masterworks items, one being a full kit and the other two being add-ons to an existing kit, yes.
    That's promising. I'm going to do my best to forget about the kit once the timer officially begins.

  4. Masterworks / Sabian

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MWRushR40 View Post
    Per my last 3 orders placed with Pearl for Masterworks items, one being a full kit and the other two being add-ons to an existing kit, yes.
    Cool. My 6 inch rack arrived approximately 5 months after order. It was an add on.

    I turn 50 next year, so playing around with the idea of a new kit. Just waiting for a Masterworks sale

  5. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    md
    Posts
    4,156

    Default

    Oh cool, all the filthy links are gone!

  6. Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    That's looking really good! Thank you!! I go back and forth between the natural and tangerine section. If you're up to it, could you apply these two to black limba and Tamo as well?

    Do you ever go to Scheveningen? My Dutch friends used to tell me that, that word, was a good test to see how good your pronunciation was hahaha. I thought is was a great beach, its probably way different since my visit.
    I'd indeed be impressed if you can pronounce Scheveningen correctly, tough word.

    As for your request, I applied the colour scheme to Black Limba and Tamo. I think it looks good on the Black Limba, these colours seem to favour a darker base and Black Limba seems to have the right amount of brown. I'm not impressed with the Tamo, this is personal of course. Also because I can't really seem to get the natural colour of Tamo right. The brightness of the Tamo does make the colours more vibrant. But it's up to you.








  7. Registered User

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    769

    Default

    For whatever my two cents is worth, I like that the tangerine adds slightly more color to the natural wood grain, almost like a stain - bubinga being my favorite with black limba second.

  8. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    md
    Posts
    4,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    I'd indeed be impressed if you can pronounce Scheveningen correctly, tough word.

    As for your request, I applied the colour scheme to Black Limba and Tamo. I think it looks good on the Black Limba, these colours seem to favour a darker base and Black Limba seems to have the right amount of brown. I'm not impressed with the Tamo, this is personal of course. Also because I can't really seem to get the natural colour of Tamo right. The brightness of the Tamo does make the colours more vibrant. But it's up to you.







    Silver, thank you! I agree and have requested, formally now, to see samples of the violet burst over Black Limba and Bubinga. Tom is the man and is so helpful and nice. He also informed me that the original samples have arrived and he'll be sending them out soon!! I'll be sure to share them when they arrive.

  9. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    md
    Posts
    4,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drumfreek005 View Post
    For whatever my two cents is worth, I like that the tangerine adds slightly more color to the natural wood grain, almost like a stain - bubinga being my favorite with black limba second.
    I really appreciate the feedback and the banter for sure and I agree with you entirely, thanks!

  10. Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    Silver, thank you! I agree and have requested, formally now, to see samples of the violet burst over Black Limba and Bubinga. Tom is the man and is so helpful and nice. He also informed me that the original samples have arrived and he'll be sending them out soon!! I'll be sure to share them when they arrive.
    Did you request the natural fade or the one with the orange?

    Yeah be sure to post some pics of the samples, I'm curious to see how they turned out.

  11. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    md
    Posts
    4,156

    Default

    [QUOTE=Silver;1854472211]Did you request the natural fade or the one with the orange?

    Yeah be sure to post some pics of the samples, I'm curious to see how they turned out.[/QUOTE

    I used the orange photoshop as my example in the email to Tom so we'll see what they turn out. Maybe I should suggest that the fade begin with the orange hue in the gradient. I'm not even sure that it'll be possible but it can't hurt to ask. I'll definitely post photos of the finish samples.

  12. Pearl Corporation USA

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Pearl Corporation U.S.A. Nashville, TN
    Posts
    27,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    Silver, thank you! I agree and have requested, formally now, to see samples of the violet burst over Black Limba and Bubinga. Tom is the man and is so helpful and nice. He also informed me that the original samples have arrived and he'll be sending them out soon!! I'll be sure to share them when they arrive.
    Tom Storch (Masterworks Specialist) is the man!



    Pearl USA | Nashville

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •