Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Registered User

I am planning to order the Spring Geometry Upgrades and black longboards for my Redline Eliminators.
    Had some questions about these products, so I contacted Dennis by e-mail and he was very kind en helpful in his respond.
    For the love of drums

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Besides looking very cool and something that you could take into combat, I have to ask- is it really necessary to have something so overwhelmingly over-engineered... to play beats on a kick?
    I used to think like this, then I got some axis pedals and they completely transformed how I played. Sometimes gear really does make a difference.

3. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by keaton_86 View Post
    I used to think like this, then I got some axis pedals and they completely transformed how I played. Sometimes gear really does make a difference.
    As someone who is thinking of changing pedals, I see that.
    Way Too Much Crap

4. th droids yerlookn4

Quote Originally Posted by sixplymaple View Post
    I am posting this just to share some information with you guys. Hopefully somebody finds this useful lol.

I have been playing on a DW 9000 double pedal for the past 15 years, but I recently switched over to a Trick Pro 1-V Bigfoot direct drive double pedal. I love the new Trick pedal, but it could definitely use some small tweaks to match my personal preference. Because of that, I ordered a few ACD-Unlimited upgrades and I also ordered 2 Trick Low Mass footboards from the factory site. They do sell an upgraded Low Mass version of the Pro 1-V double pedal, but it‘s legitimately impossible to find. It took me months just to find a standard Pro 1-V for sale. I ended up emailing Trick directly and asking which retailers were receiving shipments soon.

The factory Trick Low Mass footboards came today and are absolutely amazing. They are well worth the $110 that I spent on them. They are significantly lighter than the standard Bigfoot footboards. I was not expecting them to be this lightweight. Now the pedal feels even better and perfectly suits my taste. This is now the best pedal that I have ever used. I highly recommend the Low Mass footboards! =)

Here are a few photos to show you the difference in weight. I am pretty sure that the scale is accurate.

Left - Low Mass
    Right - Standard

Standard Trick Bigfoot Footboard = 539g (1.19lbs)

Low Mass Trick Bigfoot Footboard = 290g (0.64lbs)

These are the ACD-Unlimited beater cam upgrades. The stock Trick cams are on the left and the adjustable ACD cams are on the right.

This is a close up of the Trick spring/rod/roller mechanism.

This is an upgraded set of ACD spring preload spacers. The far left is the stock Trick spacer and the other 3 are ACD.

These are all of the ACD bias rod upgrades along with the stock Trick one.
    (Left to Right) Stock Trick, ACD Standard, ACD R1, and ACD R2.

I have to say, I wish I didn’t purchase all of the bias rods. I just didn’t know which one I would like the best or if I would like any at all. The only one I need is the ACD R2 bias rod upgrade. It is actually perfect and makes the pedal feel more like my DW 9000. Everything about the Trick pedal’s performance has increased using the R2 bias rods. It’s actually unbelievable how much of a difference it makes. It feels like a different pedal and is well worth the money.

The ACD spring preload upgrade is also very useful. IMO the stock spring is too weak, especially for the heavier ACD bias rods. I had the stock spring tension almost all the way up before buying this upgrade. It makes a huge difference and feels way better as well.

Besides the Low Mass pedalboards, if I were going to recommend 3 upgrades for your Trick pedal to make it perform better, these would be it. In order from most important to least...
    1. R2 Bias Rod Upgrade
    2. Advanced Beater Cam Upgrade
    3. Spring Preload Upgrade

They are all listed at the bottom of their shop upgrade page. Dennis makes quality stuff and is very easy to communicate with. He will basically help you with whatever you need. I have 4x DW longboard conversions on order from him and will definitely buy from him again.
    wow,
    i purchased the trick dominators,i've been playing them for over a year now, and am experiencing similar issues , these upgrades seem to address every one though! i'm savin up now for these upgrade parts
    dennis has videos out on you tube describing what one does and how it improves your pedals playability
    i was already set on his remote hihats , in a year or 2's time i'll prolly be using all this guys stuff lol. acd's OWN pedals are pretty awesome as well .there are really expensive , but, for good reason

5. Registered User

Just got the low mass footboard. Wow, what a difference! That being said, I increased spring tension after installing them and have it all but maxed out. Might look at some of the other upgrades you mentioned as a result. How do the R1 and R2 bias rods feel compared to stock?

6. th droids yerlookn4

if you look carefully on the site , he's got you tube videos explaining all of his mods
    i think im gonna go for the r2 biasing rod as well

here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUte...ature=youtu.be

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 2 basses4life View Post
    if you look carefully on the site , he's got you tube videos explaining all of his mods
    i think im gonna go for the r2 biasing rod as well

here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUte...ature=youtu.be
    I did see the videos, just wanted to hear another opinion from someone who had both the R1 and R2. Ordered the R2 myself and should be getting it today weather permitting.

Update: So the R2 definitely helps keep tension more even through the full swing of the beater - takes some getting used to coming from the stock bias rod. I do find it easier to change speed with the R2; for example, going back and forth between 16th and 32nd notes.
    Last edited by drumfreek005; 02-02-2021 at 05:39 PM.

8. th droids yerlookn4

Quote Originally Posted by drumfreek005 View Post
    I did see the videos, just wanted to hear another opinion from someone who had both the R1 and R2. Ordered the R2 myself and should be getting it today weather permitting.

Update: So the R2 definitely helps keep tension more even through the full swing of the beater - takes some getting used to coming from the stock bias rod. I do find it easier to change speed with the R2; for example, going back and forth between 16th and 32nd notes.
    thats kinda what im after, on the dominators , any change ,sets up this this wonky , cascade of imbalancing effects ,that if you're not ready for, can sometimes make you just stop in your tracks for a second... its hard to explain.. i find myself tensing up in places i'd normally be relaxed, and not ready for the spots i need to be tense for .
    you get used to it ,but i still think i m not inas much control as i wanna be at high speeds and such.
    Last edited by 2 basses4life; 03-28-2021 at 07:55 PM.