Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default ACD-Unlimited + Trick Upgrades

I am posting this just to share some information with you guys. Hopefully somebody finds this useful lol.

I have been playing on a DW 9000 double pedal for the past 15 years, but I recently switched over to a Trick Pro 1-V Bigfoot direct drive double pedal. I love the new Trick pedal, but it could definitely use some small tweaks to match my personal preference. Because of that, I ordered a few ACD-Unlimited upgrades and I also ordered 2 Trick Low Mass footboards from the factory site. They do sell an upgraded Low Mass version of the Pro 1-V double pedal, but itĎs legitimately impossible to find. It took me months just to find a standard Pro 1-V for sale. I ended up emailing Trick directly and asking which retailers were receiving shipments soon.

The factory Trick Low Mass footboards came today and are absolutely amazing. They are well worth the $110 that I spent on them. They are significantly lighter than the standard Bigfoot footboards. I was not expecting them to be this lightweight. Now the pedal feels even better and perfectly suits my taste. This is now the best pedal that I have ever used. I highly recommend the Low Mass footboards! =)

Here are a few photos to show you the difference in weight. I am pretty sure that the scale is accurate.

Left - Low Mass
    Right - Standard

Standard Trick Bigfoot Footboard = 539g (1.19lbs)

Low Mass Trick Bigfoot Footboard = 290g (0.64lbs)

These are the ACD-Unlimited beater cam upgrades. The stock Trick cams are on the left and the adjustable ACD cams are on the right.

This is a close up of the Trick spring/rod/roller mechanism.

This is an upgraded set of ACD spring preload spacers. The far left is the stock Trick spacer and the other 3 are ACD.

These are all of the ACD bias rod upgrades along with the stock Trick one.
    (Left to Right) Stock Trick, ACD Standard, ACD R1, and ACD R2.

I have to say, I wish I didnít purchase all of the bias rods. I just didnít know which one I would like the best or if I would like any at all. The only one I need is the ACD R2 bias rod upgrade. It is actually perfect and makes the pedal feel more like my DW 9000. Everything about the Trick pedalís performance has increased using the R2 bias rods. Itís actually unbelievable how much of a difference it makes. It feels like a different pedal and is well worth the money.

The ACD spring preload upgrade is also very useful. IMO the stock spring is too weak, especially for the heavier ACD bias rods. I had the stock spring tension almost all the way up before buying this upgrade. It makes a huge difference and feels way better as well.

Besides the Low Mass pedalboards, if I were going to recommend 3 upgrades for your Trick pedal to make it perform better, these would be it. In order from most important to least...
    1. R2 Bias Rod Upgrade
    2. Advanced Beater Cam Upgrade
    3. Spring Preload Upgrade

They are all listed at the bottom of their shop upgrade page. Dennis makes quality stuff and is very easy to communicate with. He will basically help you with whatever you need. I have 4x DW longboard conversions on order from him and will definitely buy from him again.
    DW-Paiste-Evans-Vic Firth

WTB: DW Romanian River Oak or DW R40 Oak Snare... PM me

2. ...A mind like Water...

Seriously cool upgrades!!! It's nice to see them up close. Congratulations.

3. A Passion Play ...

Great pedals. They are a big investment. I am
    very glad you got them sorted out. Enjoy them.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

4. FKA Tasty808

I've been following ACD on Instagram for quite some time. I really enjoy some of the mods this guy creates and really appreciate his passion.

Could you post some pics of how these pieces were placed ON (or in) the pedal? I see the top of the arm and the spring holder in place, but I'm curious how you got those pieces in there...

5. Registered User

Thanks guys!

Yes I’ll take some pics tomorrow or a short video to show you how it all goes together. I’m stuck at home because of covid, nothing else to do lol.

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post
    Could you post some pics of how these pieces were placed ON (or in) the pedal? I see the top of the arm and the spring holder in place, but I'm curious how you got those pieces in there...
    Here are some pics showing how to take the bias rod and spring assembly out.

7. Drumming Since 1943

Besides looking very cool and something that you could take into combat, I have to ask- is it really necessary to have something so overwhelmingly over-engineered... to play beats on a kick?
    Way Too Much Crap

8. PEARL EXX

Maybe it can increase someone’s kick speed by .ooooooo1 of a second but it does look radd

9. Registered User

I can play faster on this than my DW9000 and it feels even better because of the direct drive. Heel toe is a lot easier for me as well. It definitely makes a difference.

10. PEARL EXX

Quote Originally Posted by sixplymaple View Post
    I can play faster on this than my DW9000 and it feels even better because of the direct drive. Heel toe is a lot easier for me as well. It definitely makes a difference.
    In that case you have made a great achievement with a product that is working for you. I say GRRRRRRREAT

11. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by sixplymaple View Post
    Then more power to you.
    Way Too Much Crap

12. Starclassic Guy

I did the direct drive upgrade on a pair of power glide iron cobras a few years back. The drives were flawlessly made and the pedals played so much faster. Dennis does fantastic work and I love following him on social media. Have fun with your upgrades!
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/al...p?albumid=1153 <---- My Drums

Formerly TreCoolFool