Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    What guitar did you buy? .. I play drums and guitar
    I'm just starting out so i got this:

https://www.thomannmusic.com/harley_...eri_bundle.htm

I also got an EHX Canyon pedal (absolutely love it), a Boss DS1 (pretty cool) and a cheap little nux compressor. The amp that came with the bundle is pretty damn average (which is to be expected) so I bought this

https://www.thomann.de/gb/yamaha_thr10ii.htm

And it's great. Easily lound enough for me to practise on and the sound quality is much better than that amp. Overall I'm very happy and I'm getting better every day If you have any practise tips I'd love to hear them. I try and learn a new scale every couple of days at various speeds on the metronome, I'm getting the hang of a few barre chords and i can switch between a bunch of classic chords pretty decently too.

2. Registered User

Great looking spread Sticks. How much are tickets to your snowpark? I put my skates on for the first time in 20 years last season and felt very awkward.

Congrats on the baby Josh! Enjoy... it's tons of work but very rewarding.
    BTW, what time is lunch? You can just leave it on the porch for me.

We've got a Christmas gig next weekend. Already lost our bass player and now lead singer is out with Covid.
    Reading the tea leaves, I'm thinking we should cancel.

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post
    I've never really participated in the chit-chat thread...

My baby girl was born a few weeks ago, November 21st. She was exactly three weeks early according to her due date, but we think she arrived just in time!

This is Macy Reine (Rain) Conover!
    Beautiful baby! Congratulations!

4. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by melvinspeed View Post
    Great looking spread Sticks. How much are tickets to your snowpark? I put my skates on for the first time in 20 years last season and felt very awkward.

Congrats on the baby Josh! Enjoy... it's tons of work but very rewarding.
    BTW, what time is lunch? You can just leave it on the porch for me.

We've got a Christmas gig next weekend. Already lost our bass player and now lead singer is out with Covid.
    Reading the tea leaves, I'm thinking we should cancel.
    As alluring as a gig may be right now, yes- you should cancel.
    Way Too Much Crap

5. Registered User

I've stayed quite busy (and very much awake) over the past few nights. My wife, Leah, has been breast feeding so she's still "eating for two" as they say. I've been cooking up some dinner for her about every other night and started taking some pics because I'm that guy now.

Attachment 519809

Filet over mashed and broccoli.

Attachment 519810

Pork tenderloin over cauliflower purée and blistered green beans.

Attachment 519811

Crisp chicken thighs over mashed and baby broc w/Marsala sauce

Attachment 519812

Classic Caprese with buffalo mozzarella fresh basil and balsamic reduction.
    Nice presentation on the meals. Might have to start a cooking thread.

6. Registered User

Thanks! No charge for the park. Come by anytime.

7. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by keaton_86 View Post
    I'm just starting out so i got this:

https://www.thomannmusic.com/harley_...eri_bundle.htm

I also got an EHX Canyon pedal (absolutely love it), a Boss DS1 (pretty cool) and a cheap little nux compressor. The amp that came with the bundle is pretty damn average (which is to be expected) so I bought this

https://www.thomann.de/gb/yamaha_thr10ii.htm

And it's great. Easily lound enough for me to practise on and the sound quality is much better than that amp. Overall I'm very happy and I'm getting better every day If you have any practise tips I'd love to hear them. I try and learn a new scale every couple of days at various speeds on the metronome, I'm getting the hang of a few barre chords and i can switch between a bunch of classic chords pretty decently too.
    Better than what I had growing up when I first started .. lol .. anyway just make sure you intonate guitar correctly so when you actually tune it , it's perfectly in tune .. tip wise just get a book of guitar chords (there are a lot) .. like the rudiment chart .. I took one guitar lesson and stopped after that .. I'm self taught .. just learn all your basic major and minor chords/scales first .. then work your way up to the harder stuff .. soon you'll be writing your own guitar parts and playing drums to them .. I have about 100 songs I've written on guitar and drums

edit : since we're in the tech age you have the added benefit of online videos .. I learned from a book of guitar chords and playing along to all bands I listened to
    Last edited by BadAstronaut; 12-09-2020 at 08:05 AM.

8. Rockin' the Cosmos..

I've never really participated in the chit-chat thread...

My baby girl was born a few weeks ago, November 21st. She was exactly three weeks early according to her due date, but we think she arrived just in time!

This is Macy Reine (Rain) Conover!
    congrats on your baby bro .. and your food pics belong on instagram .. haha .. your presentation is pretty fancy .. nice job

9. FKA Tasty808

Congrats on the baby Josh! Enjoy... it's tons of work but very rewarding. BTW, what time is lunch? You can just leave it on the porch for me. We've got a Christmas gig next weekend. Already lost our bass player and now lead singer is out with Covid. Reading the tea leaves, I'm thinking we should cancel.
    Thank you so much! We are both very tired, but very happy! And anytime you swing by Phoenix, I'll take care of your food needs, either with a home cooked meal or something at my restaurant.

Also, definitely cancel! Stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    Beautiful baby! Congratulations!
    Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    Nice presentation on the meals. Might have to start a cooking thread.
    Thanks. I thought we used to have one(?)...

congrats on your baby bro .. and your food pics belong on instagram .. haha .. your presentation is pretty fancy .. nice job
    Thanks man! Been in the industry for twenty years now. Still learning new things with every meal.

10. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Thanks man! Been in the industry for twenty years now. Still learning new things with every meal.
    I had a feeling you were .. .. so you have your own restaurant? .. nice .. next time I'm on the West coast I'll swing by AZ and hit you up

11. Drumming Since 1943

I had a feeling you were .. .. so you have your own restaurant? .. nice .. next time I'm on the West coast I'll swing by AZ and hit you up
    The presentations screamed “I’m in the business and I know what I’m doing.”
    Way Too Much Crap

12. Pearl Corporation USA

My wife's family and sisters lives in Scottsdale AZ (probably where we'll end up when I retire), will definitely check your restaurant out!

Pearl Corporation USA | Nashville