Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 119 of 160 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,417 to 1,428 of 1915
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    I just gave it a listen. It was very soothing & despite its length, never got boring (which, to me, often happens in EDM). I listened through my laptop speakers, which are actually pretty good as laptop speakers go but nonetheless, still are laptop speakers. I did that purposefully since I beliwve if a mix sounds good on laptop speakers it will likely translate on most other systems. Anyway, there were 2 things I noticed in the mix that I felt could be improved upon. First, I felt like the hi hat in the loudest sections of the song (for example the section leading up to the 1 minute mark) was a few dBs too loud. That is probably more a preference thing than an actual problem so take that for what it's worth. The other thing occurs in those sections as well: The bass is very audible until the synths hit. For example, it's very out front from around 1:39 to 2:15 but when those synths ramp up at 2:15 the bass kind of disappears. I'm not sure if you have thought about doing any ducking to help with that, but I'd probably use Trackspacer to carve out the appropriate EQ range from the synth sounds to make room for the bass. It could be this is less noticeable on systems that can deliver more bottom end as the lows & sublows of the bass probably don't clash with the synths but the upper mids &/or highs of the bass seem to be getting lost under the synths.

Don't take those criticisms as anything other than hopefully helpful feedback. I liked this a lot.
    Wow. That's exactly the kind of feedback I'm after. Thanks so much for both taking the time to listen to it and also writing some detailed notes. I've never heard of trackspacer, and my mixing and mastering skills are pretty poor, so any tips like this are very much appreciated. I agree about the hi-hats too. Soundcloud offers a mastering option and I tried it out, and it mastered it with super bright hi hats. I'm glad im not the only one that noticed this. I'll change it for sure. Thanks again for listening

2. Beatin it since 1867

Quote Originally Posted by K_50 View Post
    With the world, and life being like it is, a mood-enhancer is always welcome. Thus the Trololo sing along:
    I see your Trololo sing along and raise you one Die Woodys.

https://youtu.be/1T14eOUf-28

3. 2-time PDF FFL CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    Yeah, but where's the second kick?

...I only tease! Hahah, but very awesome to hear. Definitely appreciate you sharing the story.
    22x18 (2) | 10x7 | 12x8 | 16x16 | 18x16

22x18 (2) | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x11 | 16x13

Quote Originally Posted by Maark View Post
    What happens when the Unstoppable Banhammer meets the Immovable Alan12? I think the universe would implode.
    Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    yeah, but I'm the Jeff that Jeff talks about when he talks about "the Jeff" to other Jeffs.

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Alan12 View Post
    Yeah, but where's the second kick?

...I only tease! Hahah, but very awesome to hear. Definitely appreciate you sharing the story.
    Thanks, man!
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

5. PDF FF Champion 2014

I went out for a backcountry ski tour today, about 3000' of climbing with perfect sunny and cold weather. I definitely needed a good adventure outside and I feel grateful for days like these.
    Name:  daysdraw3.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  105.7 KB

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    I went out for a backcountry ski tour today, about 3000' of climbing with perfect sunny and cold weather. I definitely needed a good adventure outside and I feel grateful for days like these.
    woah, that looks amazing. Where is it?

7. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by keaton_86 View Post
    La Tierra! Duh! Lol
    Still Way Too Much Crap

8. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

You are insane. Are you sure you’re from TX?

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    I see your Trololo sing along and raise you one Die Woodys.

https://youtu.be/1T14eOUf-28
    Lol
    Imo. not as good as Trololo, but still funny! I'd rate it somewhere between Schnappi Das Kleine Krokodil, and Wadde Hadde Dudde Da.

10. PDF FF Champion 2014

Quote Originally Posted by keaton_86 View Post
    Utah! Very close to Salt Lake City

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller
    You are insane. Are you sure you’re from TX?
    I was born in a mountainous state, so I guess it's my birthright. What's fun is I am a total newb compared to the guys out there every other day. On the descent, my partner and I saw a group of "graybeards", the older gentlemen who have been out there since 1970-something, lol.

We topped out at around 10,000' on this particular day. Utah has "shorter" mountains than Colorado, so sometime I'd like to get into some of their backcountry and get above the treeline.

11. Registered User

Super Jealous. Bluebird day in untracked snow!!! Perfect combo.

12. Drumming Since 1943

You’re my hero Kerry. Makes my life here in Hoboken seem super-pedestrian. Highlight of my day was going to Trader Joe’s.
    Still Way Too Much Crap