Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
  1. Drumming Since 1943

She’s perfect Dale. I’ll be in Asbury in a few days for dinner.
    Way Too Much Crap

2. Registered User

Well in an unexpected twist of fate, the Ref's that I bought a few months ago are sold.

Someone offered me a bit over what I paid for them and that beat out the prospect of spending a grand on cases and stacking them in the closet for the next couple years. I'm a bit bummed about it, but they're just drums at the end of the day.

Good looking pup Dale. Puppies are fun. One of the few perks of my career field is getting to play with them and then give them back.

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Our new puppy and her name is Umi, Japanese for beach. She has a momma that’s boxer/lab and they don’t know who the father was. I heard her mom was a real tramp. She has a sister who looks like my dog Harvey who died this past December and was a boxer/lab.

Here’s Umi!
    So cute!
    Boxer/lab should make for a nice family dog, I think.

4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    She’s perfect Dale. I’ll be in Asbury in a few days for dinner.
    Let me know if you want to get together.

Quote Originally Posted by K_50 View Post
    So cute!
    Boxer/lab should make for a nice family dog, I think.
    Thanks. She’s awesome so far.

5. Usurper Title

Cute pup, Dale!

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Service tech for an equipment manufacturer and robotics integrator. Lots of packaging/palletizing equipment. But I make it sound cooler than it is... I just go around fixing crap and trying to sell parts/upgrades. But it's a good gig.
    Industrial robotics is always a good gig. I have a buddy that's a robotics/production line/plant engineer sort for Tesla (and their various offshoots). The work is interesting and he makes bank. He was an integral part of the Model 3 production line at the new 'Gigafactory' out in Reno. Now doing their solar roof stuff in Buffalo.

6. Registered User

Behold! My magnificent vehicle

7. ex-hipodilski

If it can fit a decent size kit, it's good enough. (I'm kidding, of course it isn't, it's a Citroen after all :P)

8. Registered User

It can easily fit 4-piece kit, and a passenger. Also, older CitroŽn =

9. PDF Renaissance man!

Had a jam on this interesting bit of kit, the GigPig, definitely something a bit different!

And before you pipe up JY, yes its a double bass kit!

Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier, Arbiter Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, PREMIER, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

5 Kits and 11 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

10. Registered User

Only you could pull off looking reasonably cool behind those things. Seen 'em, hate 'em. In fairness, never played one. Not terribly impressed with the sound, honestly.

Keep in mind, I said, "reasonably cool".

11. Registered User

Hello Darlins, its nice to see you. Its been a long time. I'm doing something I never thought I'd do. I am playing drums in a country band. Old time country. Conway Twitty, Mearl Haggard, Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, Porter Wagner to name a few. i"m actually the fill in drummer. the bands drummer "Digger" ( the county mortician ) as in grave digger, his health is not great. so they asked me to under study in case hes not able to play an upcoming gig.

its been quite the experience. Theres been a bit of a learning curve as I've played rock drums for the past 30 years. its very hard to not take these songs and inadvertantly turn them in to rock songs.

I hope you are all doing well and enjoying playing drums and living life. I'll see you all soon.

- your buddy, Marty

12. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    Hello Darlins, its nice to see you. Its been a long time. I'm doing something I never thought I'd do. I am playing drums in a country band. Old time country. Conway Twitty, Mearl Haggard, Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, Porter Wagner to name a few. i"m actually the fill in drummer. the bands drummer "Digger" ( the county mortician ) as in grave digger, his health is not great. so they asked me to under study in case hes not able to play an upcoming gig.

its been quite the experience. Theres been a bit of a learning curve as I've played rock drums for the past 30 years. its very hard to not take these songs and inadvertantly turn them in to rock songs.

I hope you are all doing well and enjoying playing drums and living life. I'll see you all soon.

- your buddy, Marty
    Whole lotta shufflin’ goin’ on I’m guessing Marty?
    Way Too Much Crap