Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 90 of 92 FirstFirst ... 408086878889909192 LastLast
Results 1,069 to 1,080 of 1093
  1. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by keaton_86 View Post
    Thanks! I'm regaining the use of my legs today haha. I can honestly say I really didn't enjoy doing that marathon.
    I know two people (both female) who ran the NYC marathon and both reported back that it was brutal and not at all enjoyable.
    Way Too Much Crap

2. PDF FF Champion 2014

Quote Originally Posted by keaton_86 View Post
    Thanks! I'm regaining the use of my legs today haha. I can honestly say I really didn't enjoy doing that marathon.
    Congrats dude! I'm sure you'll recover fine, just gotta get some protein and rest. I ran a marathon in 2017 and it shredded my legs, but a few days later I was good to go. I enjoyed the experience up until the "wall" because my course was entirely downhill until mile 18 or so, then a bit of uphill, and that laid waste to me.

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I know two people (both female) who ran the NYC marathon and both reported back that it was brutal and not at all enjoyable.
    Yeah, thats pretty much my experience with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    Congrats dude! I'm sure you'll recover fine, just gotta get some protein and rest. I ran a marathon in 2017 and it shredded my legs, but a few days later I was good to go. I enjoyed the experience up until the "wall" because my course was entirely downhill until mile 18 or so, then a bit of uphill, and that laid waste to me.
    Thanks! It was one hell of an achievement. I'm kinda gutted that i was about 40 minutes(!) slower than my practise and projections. In practise i could go to 32km at around 5.15/km and i got nowhere near that in the actual marathon. Oh well, I can still tick it off the bucket list.

4. Registered Loser

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I don't think most folk run marathons for enjoyment. It's more an accomplishment thing. Like climbing an 8000+m mountain, but more accessible.

I mean, I'm a glutton for Type-2 fun, but I'll pass on the marathon. Congrats on the accomplishment, keaton_86!

5. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    I don't think most folk run marathons for enjoyment. It's more an accomplishment thing. Like climbing an 8000+m mountain, but more accessible.

I mean, I'm a glutton for Type-2 fun, but I'll pass on the marathon. Congrats on the accomplishment, keaton_86!
    I didn’t mean to imply marathons are enjoyable in any way. I can think of some torture techniques outlawed by the Geneva Convention that are probably less brutal.
    Way Too Much Crap

6. Registered User

Anyone who actually enjoys running a marathon must be a certified masochist!
    I've tried getting into running a few times, because it's good and efficient exercise. But it's so boring to me that a quick/easy 5k becomes a chore. So until I decide to splurge for the gear and take up fencing again, I'll stick to commuting and going for fun rides on my bike (being the crazy European that I am).

The steering felt a bit weird with the 155mm. stem I had on my Sunn. So when this 120mm. Ringlé I'd been watching for a few weeks came down to a reasonable price, I decided to grab it.

The closest to a side-view I've got of it yet

I think this pic from last night's shake-down ride turned out pretty cool

7. old dog, new tricks

Mike Smith doesn't use the hi-hat either but he seems to be doing just fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrNuHweLZUc
    “You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” - Harlan Ellison

link below for my kit build thread

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread

8. PDF FF Champion 2014

Here's my steed, getting ready for a super long gravel race next weekend (hence the aero bars).
    Name:  20210923_123659.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  172.6 KB

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    Here's my steed, getting ready for a super long gravel race next weekend (hence the aero bars).
    Name:  20210923_123659.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  172.6 KB
    Sweet! I love the compact geo/large tyre combo - Just like a retro XC rocket

In other news, my niece is having her first bass lesson on Monday.
    I went out to my practice space this Wednesday to pick up my bass so she could borrow it, and delivered it yesterday. But I could have spared the trips, as it turned out that her teacher is one of the other users of the space (small world).
    I always love to spend time with her, though, so it wasn't a waste of time at all. And I got to teach her how to tune a bass:
    I gave her a choice between the easy way (using a tuner), and the proper way (tuning by ear). And she chose the proper way. And with a bit of coaching she got it into "good enough for jazz" range before dinner was ready.
    She's also started a playlist of songs with cool bass intros she'll like to learn. The first two are "Don't try suicide" by Queen, and "Rocket Queen" by Guns N' Roses.
    I'm more than a little bit proud to be her Uncle/Godfather/Ninja!

10. Drumming Since 1943

That is a wonderful pic. I LOVE female bassists.
    Way Too Much Crap

11. PDF Renaissance man!

Reminds me of this classic...

A kid came home from his first bass lesson. His dad asked him how it went. "Today we learned the E string."

The next week, he came home from his second lesson and dad asked him how it went. "Today we learned the A string."

The boy came home from his third lesson. Dad asked, "So did you learn the D string today?"

"No I couldn't make it, I had a gig."
    More drums than you can shake a stick at...
    https://www.charliesmithdrummer.com

Also a Podcaster - Groovecast

12. I'll be good.

Mea culpa. I'll be good.

Didn't get to post this while 'away', but for those around way back when, PDF 'OG' JulianFC died back in March: https://www.candomusos.com/profile-dale-cleary.php
    Last edited by DanDickly; 10-01-2021 at 08:56 PM.
    Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.