Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Not in this country! U.S.A! U.S.A! U.S.A!
    One of many reasons why, while I would love to visit the Great Nation of Murrica, I couldn't see myself living there.

2. PDF FF Champion 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    I just started watching The Boys on Amazon.....really enjoyed the 1st episode....
    Ooh, that was a binge show for me (both seasons). As long as you don't mind outrageous violence and gore, you'll enjoy the show.

3. Comrade Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    Ooh, that was a binge show for me (both seasons). As long as you don't mind outrageous violence and gore, you'll enjoy the show.
    I don't mind it....given the premise and who's in it....

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

4. Usurper Title

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    The grit is real. Fckn diabolical.

5. Blind and Faithless

Quote Originally Posted by K_50 View Post
    I'm rebuilding my fave bike again. But my work stand was stolen last year, and I'm a bit strapped for cash. So I fashioned this out of a snare stand base, and a cymbal arm:

I took one look at bike stand prices and scoffed. So bench vise + unused drum hardware it is.

Granted my bike is nothing to look at, just a cheap Trek I ran into the ground and then rebuilt with ebay parts. One day I'll actually spend some money and build a nice bike, but this does the job until then.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

6. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    I took one look at bike stand prices and scoffed. So bench vise + unused drum hardware it is.

Granted my bike is nothing to look at, just a cheap Trek I ran into the ground and then rebuilt with ebay parts. One day I'll actually spend some money and build a nice bike, but this does the job until then.
    I love it.
    Way Too Much Crap

7. Blind and Faithless

Thanks. Aesthetically, I like my bike. Function-wise... I mostly ride single track, and sometimes attempt technical stuff. My bike is rigid (because cheaper), single-speed (because cheaper), and 26" wheels (because that's the frame I had). Not ideal, but I still have fun.

Plan was to rebuild my bike for cheap to keep me riding another year until I build a better bike. It's been 3 years now (and still riding). Had to replace the chainring this past fall but otherwise it's still going strong despite it's downfalls.

8. Comrade Tim

I'm just getting into riding a little more seriously....My wife's xmas present to me - Cannondale CAAD Optimo 3.....

Name:  Bike.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  104.8 KB

Kit Pix

9. Drumming Since 1943

I'm just getting into riding a little more seriously....My wife's xmas present to me - Cannondale CAAD Optimo 3.....

Name:  Bike.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  104.8 KB
    That’s a gorgeous ride Tim. Just got my Specialized Sirrus Sport re-tooled for the upcoming season. Oh and the Harley’s been given a new livery...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Way Too Much Crap

10. Comrade Tim

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    That’s a gorgeous ride Tim. Just got my Specialized Sirrus Sport re-tooled for the upcoming season. Oh and the Harley’s been given a new livery...
    Thanks....still getting used to shifting off the brakes but so far not bad.....also getting used to cleats - my first spill was epic and managed to impact temple to concrete *with* a helmet on....

Nice looking Harley....love the color....I, unfortunately can't ride a motorcycle....toyed with getting a trike, which would be in the range of "ok" but motorized two wheels is out for me....

Kit Pix

11. Registered User

I'm looking at picking up a gravel bike, fits my riding a little better I think. Pavement and light dirt use.
    Nobody has any bikes, local shop closed as he couldn't get any stock and pay the bills.

12. Drumming Since 1943

Thanks....still getting used to shifting off the brakes but so far not bad.....also getting used to cleats - my first spill was epic and managed to impact temple to concrete *with* a helmet on....

Nice looking Harley....love the color....I, unfortunately can't ride a motorcycle....toyed with getting a trike, which would be in the range of "ok" but motorized two wheels is out for me....
    I know nothing BUT clip-in pedals. Only thing I’ve ever ridden. My police bicycle has regular block pedals and I HATE it.

The color is Audi Nardo Gray. It’s the third and final paint job for this bike. Never again.
    Way Too Much Crap