Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 94 of 97 FirstFirst ... 44849091929394959697 LastLast
Results 1,117 to 1,128 of 1160
  1. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    Interesting! I am not as familiar with Mastodon's catalog, so it will basically all be new too me. I can see how easy it is for a band to overdo it on the recording and have difficulty playing live, but hopefully they can deliver the goods. I prefer Gojira to Mastodon. I feel like even though I don't seek out their music, if it happens to pop into my radio stream, I can recognize them straight away.

Opeth, on the other hand, is probably my favorite active band (since Porcupine Tree is no longer active). I saw them twice in 2012, once in Prague and the other at Rock im Park. The Prague show was probably the best mixed show I have ever listened to live. I should have bought the sound guy a beer. Their 2019 album In Cauda Venenum is top tier, so I'm hoping the set list will have a few tracks from that since they haven't had much opportunity to play it live. An acoustic set would be a letdown since they tiptoe the line of metal and prog so well, although they do have a few acoustic tracks that are a nice bit of fresh air.
    Where are you from, Kerry?
    Way Too Much Crap

2. PDF FF Champion 2014

Raised in TX, but I lived in Prague in 2012 doing a study abroad program. I lived 2 hours from a major city so I rarely saw shows as a minor + my parents would never let their daughter go to a rock concert alone in a major metro area. My dad is not into anything heavier than bluegrass music, but he was a good sport and went with me to see Rush and Porcupine Tree. When I was college, I was still far away from a major stop on the concert circuit, so I had to wait until I was in Europe to finally go to some shows for bands I'm into.

3. Drumming Since 1943

I meant where do you live now? US? Europe?
    Way Too Much Crap

4. 2-time PDF FFL CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Love those guys. They’re my new fave metal band.
    Same! It's been a spot long occupied by Lamb of God for me but over the last few years, Gojira and also Meshuggah have surpassed them in my favorites. Got to see Meshuggah in May 2019 and Jesus, what a show. I also got a drumstick from Tomas so I was a happy fella.

Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    They have some good tunes, but you can’t understand a word the guy is saying.
    I feel you, I'm not big on "learning lyrics" myself so as long as it sounds good to me then I'm happy. It also helps that Mario is a phenomenal drummer and the music itself is ridiculously heavy.

Got tickets to a Opeth/Mastodon/Zeal and Ardor show next month. W00tttt I am very excited. And we bought our seats in the front row of the balcony because I don't like to stand or get blocked by some 6'10" dude.
    Nice! Hope y'all have fun! And apologies, even though I'm not 6'10" I'm one of those taller guys that loves being in the front.

Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    Tremonti!!!
    Saw Tremonti in February 2019 with Sevendust and he had a pretty damn good show. He's a phenomenal player and frontman.
    22x18 (2) | 10x7 | 12x8 | 16x16 | 18x16

22x18 (2) | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x11 | 16x13

Quote Originally Posted by Maark View Post
    What happens when the Unstoppable Banhammer meets the Immovable Alan12? I think the universe would implode.
    Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    yeah, but I'm the Jeff that Jeff talks about when he talks about "the Jeff" to other Jeffs.

5. Drumming Since 1943

Not a creed fan but I’ve always liked Mark. Seems like a good dude. Down to earth and a ripping player. Dimebag fan as well. Can’t beat that.
    Way Too Much Crap

6. PDF FF Champion 2014

I meant where do you live now? US? Europe?
    Ohh phsshhhh, I live in the US.

7. Drumming Since 1943

Ohh phsshhhh, I live in the US.
    Gotcha. Because “La Tierra” brings up mostly restaurants. Lol
    Way Too Much Crap

8. PDF FF Champion 2014

Gotcha. Because “La Tierra” brings up mostly restaurants. Lol
    Mmmmm, sounds like a great name for a Mexican cantina. "The Earth"

9. Registered User

New song off of latest album.

10. Registered User

I just got back from an island in Turkey where my friends and I did a little DJ set - Check it out if you're into house, techno and disco.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TBhhpW_0Ks

11. Registered User

Love me some Opeth.
    I think I like Martin Lopez's drumming over Martin Axenrot Martin A is a phenomenal player no doubt, I think Lopez was a better fit.

12. old dog, new tricks

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” - Harlan Ellison

link below for my kit build thread

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread