Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 93 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,105 to 1,116 of 1208
  1. I'll be good.

An accomplishment happened while I was 'away'. Felt good. On to that second stripe, now.
    Name:  IMG_1702.jpeg
Views: 79
Size:  188.7 KB
    Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

2. Registered Loser

Congrats! Kick-*** achievement!

3. I'll be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Congrats! Kick-*** achievement!
    Thank you! I was lucky to get to do it along with my wife
    Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

4. Drumming Since 1943

What discipline are we talking about here? And congrats on your achievement.
    Way Too Much Crap

5. I'll be good.

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    What discipline are we talking about here? And congrats on your achievement.
    Thanks--
    Hawaiian Kenpo

6. PDF FF Champion 2014

Got tickets to a Opeth/Mastodon/Zeal and Ardor show next month. W00tttt I am very excited. And we bought our seats in the front row of the balcony because I don't like to stand or get blocked by some 6'10" dude.

7. formerly TubCrusher

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    Got tickets to a Opeth/Mastodon/Zeal and Ardor show next month. W00tttt I am very excited. And we bought our seats in the front row of the balcony because I don't like to stand or get blocked by some 6'10" dude.
    I very much prefer the balcony these days instead of dealing with everyone....
    Never take life too seriously, 'cause you'll never get out alive!!

My Dirty Little Collection..

8. Registered User

I saw Z&A open for deafheaven and holy hell they were good. I'd love to know what you think about Mastodon - I flew to Sydney to see them and was very underwhelmed. Gojira opened for them and Gojira utterly destroyed.

9. PDF FF Champion 2014

Quote Originally Posted by keaton_86 View Post
    I saw Z&A open for deafheaven and holy hell they were good. I'd love to know what you think about Mastodon - I flew to Sydney to see them and was very underwhelmed. Gojira opened for them and Gojira utterly destroyed.
    Well, Gojira and Mastodon are my husband's 2 favorite bands, so we're in the right genre. I have seen Opeth 3 times, and the last one was kind of disappointing because they co-headlined with In Flames and it was only a 45 minute set (way too short for their songs). Anyway, way way back in 2012 we went to Rock im Park in Nuremberg where Mastodon and Opeth were both scheduled to play. However, we stayed out super late for Opeth and had to take the night bus which was terrrrrible. So the next night Mastodon played at the same time and I begged my husband to let us skip it so we could take the normal bus. I promised the next time the opportunity arose, I would get him Mastodon tickets. So here we are!

I flipped on Zeal and Ardor a couple weeks ago and.... Wow, I love it. I am super super excited to see them live.
    Last edited by Talon; 10-20-2021 at 03:31 PM.

10. Drumming Since 1943

Well, Gojira and Mastodon are my husband's 2 favorite bands, so we're in the right genre. I have seen Opeth 3 times, and the last one was kind of disappointing because they co-headlined with In Flames and it was only a 45 minute set (way too short for their songs). Anyway, way way back in 2012 we went to Rock im Park in Nuremberg where Mastodon and Opeth were both scheduled to play. However, we stayed out super late for Opeth and had to take the night bus which was terrrrrible. So the next night Mastodon played at the same time and I begged my husband to let us skip it so we could take the normal bus. I promised the next time the opportunity arose, I would get him Mastodon tickets. So here we are!

I flipped on Zeal and Ardor a couple weeks ago and.... Wow, I love it. I am super super excited to see them live.
    I saw Opeth years ago at the Beacon Theater in NYC. My buddy is a rabid fan. I didnt (and continue to) know a note of their music. My buddy neglected to tell me that it was an “Acoustic Opeth” show. Needless to say, I was staring at the ceiling in sheer boredom three songs in. Did get to study the Beacon’s beautiful decor though, so it wasn’t a total loss.

Mastodon is an anomaly to me. Like many, I got into them through Oblivion. Bought a couple of albums and was impressed. But a lot of their tunes are SO idiosyncratic that it’s sometimes tough to stay engaged, at least for me. And honestly, the many clips I’ve seen of them live have been… well, the vocals are always sketchy. Like, they record these crazy tunes in 13/7 with super high and complex vocals but can’t seem to reproduce them live.
    Way Too Much Crap

11. Registered User

Tremonti!!!

12. PDF FF Champion 2014

Interesting! I am not as familiar with Mastodon's catalog, so it will basically all be new too me. I can see how easy it is for a band to overdo it on the recording and have difficulty playing live, but hopefully they can deliver the goods. I prefer Gojira to Mastodon. I feel like even though I don't seek out their music, if it happens to pop into my radio stream, I can recognize them straight away.

Opeth, on the other hand, is probably my favorite active band (since Porcupine Tree is no longer active). I saw them twice in 2012, once in Prague and the other at Rock im Park. The Prague show was probably the best mixed show I have ever listened to live. I should have bought the sound guy a beer. Their 2019 album In Cauda Venenum is top tier, so I'm hoping the set list will have a few tracks from that since they haven't had much opportunity to play it live. An acoustic set would be a letdown since they tiptoe the line of metal and prog so well, although they do have a few acoustic tracks that are a nice bit of fresh air.