Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 39 of 99 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast
  1. Registered Loser

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Sounds secretive. I’ll be right over with some bamboo wedges for your fingernails. We have ways of making you talk.
    Oh! I'll take a mani too, while you're at it!

2. old dog, new tricks

Did anyone watch the Karnivool livestream concert last night? They played the entire "Sound Awake" album and it was incredible.

I tuned in late and got cut off just before the end so I'm hoping they make it available for purchase as a download or Blu Ray.
    “You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” - Harlan Ellison

link below for my kit build thread

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread

3. PDF FF Champion 2014

Sounds secretive. I’ll be right over with some bamboo wedges for your fingernails. We have ways of making you talk.
    Well, just look in the news at the next generation weapon system contract, no bamboo required.
    Also, if you like air museums, I hear Hill AFB has a nice one. I've never been despite driving past it 5 times a week, but one of these days I'll pop by.

4. Blind and Faithless

Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    Did anyone watch the Karnivool livestream concert last night? They played the entire "Sound Awake" album and it was incredible.

I tuned in late and got cut off just before the end so I'm hoping they make it available for purchase as a download or Blu Ray.
    I almost did but decided against it. I've been reluctant to do any of the "live stream shows." To me they're kinda pointless. I'd rather just pay to download a high quality recording.

5. Registered User

To those of you with cases;

Do I need to go up a size to allow for room for the optimount on a hard case?

6. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by HPD260 View Post

I’ve always managed to squeeze my Opti’d drums in but mine are soft cases. Not sure if you’re referring to hard or not. In that case, I’d say probably.
    Way Too Much Crap

7. Registered User

I’ve always managed to squeeze my Opti’d drums in but mine are soft cases. Not sure if you’re referring to hard or not. In that case, I’d say probably.
    Yea, hard cases. I’ve never had cases before, but the wife has just accepted a new job that’s full time work from home, so the drum room is becoming an office. As such, the kit will be going into storage for the foreseeable future, at least until we buy a new house most likely.

I’ve even considered building a flight case for it. Not sure which avenue would be cheaper.

8. PEARL EXX

9. formerly TubCrusher

This would also depend on which brand of cases you buy. I have H&B Enduros and they require a size bigger for RIMS type mounts. I do not have any Opti-Mounts. I can ask Mike Berg this weekend when I see him...
    Never take life too seriously, 'cause you'll never get out alive!!

My Dirty Little Collection..

10. Registered User

I have some old Humes & Berg vulcanized fiber cases that hold my MX kit including the optimounts. You just point the optimount in the corner that forms the base of the case.

Name:  VULCANIZED-TOM-DRUM-CASE.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  29.0 KB
    Last edited by melvinspeed; 05-14-2021 at 08:49 AM.

11. Registered User

Sat waiting in for the post bringing me a 16x14 case.
    Yamaha Recording Custom 10,12,13,16,22 in Cherry Red
    Pearl Masters Premium Maple "Redline" in 12, 16, 22. Black on Black.
    Premier Projector MK1. 12,13,16,22 in Piano Black
    Endorser for Scymtek Cymbals & The London Drumstick Company.

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by latzanimal View Post
    This would also depend on which brand of cases you buy. I have H&B Enduros and they require a size bigger for RIMS type mounts. I do not have any Opti-Mounts. I can ask Mike Berg this weekend when I see him...
    I’m open to suggestions. A friend of mine also recommended H&B cases. SKB is the only kind I have first hand experience with, and that was only with marching drums over a decade ago.