Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 117 of 160 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast
Results 1,393 to 1,404 of 1915
  1. PDF FF Champion 2014

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    That sucks Kerry. Hope you feel better.

I keep waiting to get Covid again. Considering my job, you’d think it was a foregone conclusion.
    I hope you can avoid it Dyl. I took a test and came back negative, but I did have some sinus inflammation so I played it safe and stayed at home. I have a flight next Monday and I just hope the airport part doesn't manage to infect me. I'm sure in your line of work, avoiding close contact is nigh impossible, but maybe you'll escape unscathed.
    Last edited by Talon; 01-11-2022 at 08:40 PM. Reason: misspelled a word

2. Blind and Faithless

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    I hope you can avoid it Dyl. I took a test and came back negative, but I did have some sinus inflammation so I played it safe and stayed at home. I have a flight next Monday and I just hope the airport part doesn't manage to infect me. I'm sure in your line of work, avoiding close contact is night impossible, but maybe you'll escape unscathed.
    I was flying on average twice a week most of last year. Never got sick. If you don't eat at the airport and wash your hands, you should be fine. I went out to eat a lot on vacation; I think that's where I got it.

3. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    I hope you can avoid it Dyl. I took a test and came back negative, but I did have some sinus inflammation so I played it safe and stayed at home. I have a flight next Monday and I just hope the airport part doesn't manage to infect me. I'm sure in your line of work, avoiding close contact is night impossible, but maybe you'll escape unscathed.
    Thanks K. My department has taken some steps to mitigate infection but like you said, sometimes it’s impossible.
    Still Way Too Much Crap

4. Registered User

Thanks K. My department has taken some steps to mitigate infection but like you said, sometimes it’s impossible.
    I got covid in November and my department told me it wasn't work related. Two weeks of PTO down the drain for mandatory quarantine.

5. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by HPD260 View Post
    I got covid in November and my department told me it wasn't work related. Two weeks of PTO down the drain for mandatory quarantine.
    When I got Covid last year (everyone’s first go ‘round), being out sick didn’t count against our sick incentive (I’m VERY proud of never calling in sick) but now… guys are being forced out to quarantine (test results don’t matter) and it’s now being counted as sick.
    Still Way Too Much Crap

6. Registered User

I've talked before about my wife being a classically trained percussionist with two music degrees: one in performance and one in teaching. She's an outstanding musician but drum set played a very small part in her degree since it's kind of a specialized area. I think she took lessons for one semester and it basically never came up again. She got hired to play the Sound of Music this month and for the first time since college she's having to play the drum set part. It's been so much fun helping her develop her set up for the gig, experimenting with cymbals and drums and beaters and tuning to determine the sounds she wants for the room and the music. We've also gone over a lot of technique and technical points that don't come up with other percussion instruments. It's a ton of fun to get to share a deep appreciation and understanding of music and percussion with your partner!

Name:  HB's Sound of Music.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  84.8 KB
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

7. Beatin it since 1867

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    Name:  HB's Sound of Music.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  84.8 KB
    Now there's a drum kit that's outside the box. Definitely an interesting set up.

8. Drumming Since 1943

Uh… yeah. Um, that snare placement…
    Still Way Too Much Crap

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Now there's a drum kit that's outside the box. Definitely an interesting set up.

Is that on Oriollo kit? That's so awesome man. You guy are lucky.

10. Registered User

Uh… yeah. Um, that snare placement…
    The angle of the photo makes it look like the snare is beyond the kick. It's positioned correctly.

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    Is that on Oriollo kit? That's so awesome man. You guy are lucky.
    It's an early '70s 3-ply Ludwig.

12. Registered User

I really hope CoVid gets aids and dies by now! I just miss having a social life where everything doesn't become cancelled because of lockdown, or someone either having it or being a close contact. And the vaccinations make my immune system go nuts - I got my third Moderna shot yesterday, went to bed early, slept for 15 hours, and still I feel like I've been hit by a bus (so I'm stuck at home, in stead of going out for oysters and beers with my best old friend tonight ).